General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

DiscoII Transmission Problems

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2007, 09:45 PM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DiscoII Transmission Problems

Purchased a 2003 Disco II with 95,000 miles. It is an HSE7 with dual sunroofs. Don't leave the roofs open in the rain. Yeah, yeah, I know everyone is going to say no-s*#t, but it happens. Anyway, if you happen to get caught with them open, you may experience strange transmission problems. There is a "MODE" button on the shifter console and if it gets extraordinarily wet it seems to cause strange transmission problems.
After finally drying out the vehicle is back to normal, but I could not even remove the key due to the tranny thinking the vehicle was in gear.

I can explain more if anyone has similar problems.

Hopefully there is not any other major defects, but the only variable to the problem was the incesant rain inside the vehicle.

Sincerely,
Moon Roof Leaver Opener
Chris

Old 10-18-2007, 06:49 PM
Mudding
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: DiscoII Transmission Problems

Well , the sport mode button may not be the only issue you have(wet) if you cant get the key out. Make sure the shifter is going fully forward and the shifter thumb button is popping out all the way. its not going all the way into park if the red LED is not lit (indicator and dash display)and if the key wont come out. try adjusting your shifter cable and be sure its not binding , If you have flashing green S-M lamps while driving , you'll need to get trans codes read.