General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Doing my best, but need Land Rover education!

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2022, 04:02 PM
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Doing my best, but need Land Rover education!

First, i want to thank anyone for any advise/help that is provided about my new Rover and its many many problems.

so, its actually my girls "Landie". she HAD to have it, and against my better judgement, i couldnt tell her no.
After a month of not really having a vehicle and throwing almost all of my "secret project" savings at her. i for some reason have fallen in love, and now have a mistress.

so i absolutely HAVE to get her running right. i have never owned a land rover before. i knew nothing about them. and still only know very little. i guess on the upside ive owned quite a few cars and not one of them goes to a shop. i have been lucky enough to have been able to do all my own maintenance. how ever i am no professional nor do i claim to be even close.
so im goiing to need some help. if anyone (who knows what they are doing)would be willing, both of us would be very grateful. Due to the pandemic, our fiances were hit hard. we are still struggling to get back where we once were, but i need this baby to run smoothly (or close to it,as possible) so im able to run my bussiness and make money. so finances are tight. very tight.

Ive gotten the basics covered..(i think)
Plenum Gasket replaced
valve covers replaced
new MAF
new battery
new plus 4 bosch plugs
new cheaper(not cheapest)8mm wires
New coils
i got the transmission service kit from Atlantic British and am going to do that today
changed the oil
oil filter
air filter
and exhaust manifold gaskets i have but still need to install.

i also bought a scanner. Launch crp123x. not happy with it at all. it wont show me the codes... but gives me a description of what a code thrown would be(if that makes sence) andf they ared as follows...
permanent voltage supply fault drive cycle A
rough road signal implausible drive cycle A
Lambda sensor upstream catalyst bank 1 drive cycle c
Lambda sensor upstream catalyst bank 2 drive cycle c
oxy sensor heater upstream cat bank 1 drive cycle c
​​​oxy sensor heater upstream cat bank 2 drive cycle c
catalyst damaging misfire multiple cylinders drive cycle c
catalyst damaging missfire cyl 1 drive cycle c

so. obviously a main issue is the cats. well thats because someone stole them. i wanted to just run straight pipe. because of $$$. but again... i need some more education on the subject. dont know what to do.
any advise, instruction. anything ....thankyou.

-josh-
2001 discovery 2 se7 124,000 miles
im in love

Old 01-21-2022, 05:15 PM
TReK
Received 490 Likes on 425 Posts

Great vehicle choice. Your ECU doesn’t need the Cats to run properly but it may throw codes telling you the cat isn’t doing it’s job. As far as scanners go, Nanocom is highly recommended but not cheap. There are less expensive scanners that may be what you need. You should post your technical questions in the Disco 2 section of this forum, you’ll get way more response there.

Old 01-21-2022, 06:17 PM
Super Moderator
Received 1,481 Likes on 1,209 Posts

Off hand none of those codes are due to cats being MIA.

Old 01-22-2022, 06:41 AM
TReK
Received 762 Likes on 630 Posts

Read the stickies at the top of the D2 forum, and post there instead of this general one. You'll find a lot of discussion of all of these codes in the threads there too -- along with info on which code reader to buy, and why not to use +4 plugs.