General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Engine noise and inspection camera!

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2016, 10:03 AM
Baja
Received 317 Likes on 311 Posts

the ECU acts as a rev limiter. I just don't see you getting any special use using rollers.
you had a half dozen bad lifters of course you would have tic.
"personally" I would run Buick adjustable push rods, lifters and steel rockers on a new set of shafts. and it would probably save you 1500 bucks.
but everyone has there own idea of how to improve on what the factory did.

Old 01-11-2016, 10:11 AM
Drifting
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by drowssap
the ECU acts as a rev limiter. I just don't see you getting any special use using rollers.
you had a half dozen bad lifters of course you would have tic.
"personally" I would run Buick adjustable push rods, lifters and steel rockers on a new set of shafts. and it would probably save you 1500 bucks.
but everyone has there own idea of how to improve on what the factory did.
True true. I'll have to go back and price out the oe rocker setup again but the last time I looked it all up, it was a marginal price difference. The full roller setup is only $1100 for the entire kit, which includes all hardware, new oil through lifters, new hollow ball/ball pushrods, and the roller rockers.

Old 01-11-2016, 01:26 PM
Drifting

Anyways, regardless of all that, is buying just the $150 replacement cam from british atlantic going to last? Obviously assuming it gets the proper breakin etc. Same with buying their set of replacement rings? I even tried to find a set of clevite77 bearings just because that's what I've run in all my cars and they don't seem to make a nice triple coated bearing like that for these guys? I'd just rather not do all of this again for quite a while. Lol.

Old 01-11-2016, 02:53 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 399 Likes on 383 Posts

The British still haven't figured out how to deeply anneal. Go with an aftermarket made in US.

Old 01-11-2016, 08:17 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by ihscouts
The British still haven't figured out how to deeply anneal. Go with an aftermarket made in US.
Happen to have a manufacturer name I could look up or a place that I could buy such a thing? It doesn't seem to be very common for these online stores to advertise the country of manufacture.

Old 01-11-2016, 11:21 PM
Baja
Received 718 Likes on 623 Posts

Originally Posted by Mustang196718
Happen to have a manufacturer name I could look up or a place that I could buy such a thing? It doesn't seem to be very common for these online stores to advertise the country of manufacture.
Contact Lucky8, way cheaper than Atlantic British for everything and give special deals to forum members.

Crower makes a stage 2 cam that's nice. Summit racing carries it. I don't have a motor with that cam, but built one for a friend and its a nice improvement.

Old 01-11-2016, 11:25 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by abran
Contact Lucky8, way cheaper than Atlantic British for everything and give special deals to forum members.

Crower makes a stage 2 cam that's nice. Summit racing carries it. I don't have a motor with that cam, but built one for a friend and its a nice improvement.
Yeah I've seen lucky8 before, but again, being new to LRs, I was unsure of their parts quality. I've seen the Crower cam, pn 229 or 53229 or something like that. If I didn't live in CA I'd be all over it but I don't want to push my luck with emissions. It'd just be my luck that the slight increase in duration or lift would be just enough to put me over the hydrocarbon limit or something lmfao. Gotta love the epa.

Old 01-11-2016, 11:32 PM
Baja

Yeah I've seen lucky8 before, but again, being new to LRs, I was unsure of their parts quality. I've seen the Crower cam, pn 229 or 53229 or something like that. If I didn't live in CA I'd be all over it but I don't want to push my luck with emissions. It'd just be my luck that the slight increase in duration or lift would be just enough to put me over the hydrocarbon limit or something lmfao. Gotta love the epa.
I'm in ca, it passes! I'm in Huntington Beach, where are you? I have an Autologic if you need help and also sell parts.

Have you talked to Q&E for your block?

Old 01-11-2016, 11:36 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by abran
I'm in ca, it passes! I'm in Huntington Beach, where are you? I have an Autologic if you need help and also sell parts.

Have you talked to Q&E for your block?
Crazy! Well now you have my attention if it actually passes with no issues! I'm just up in Santa Barbara, but I've been through Huntington Beach quite a few times!

That's funny that you mention Q and E because that's where I just dropped everything off at on Saturday morning hahaha.

Old 01-11-2016, 11:40 PM
Baja

Crazy! Well now you have my attention if it actually passes with no issues! I'm just up in Santa Barbara, but I've been through Huntington Beach quite a few times!

That's funny that you mention Q and E because that's where I just dropped everything off at on Saturday morning hahaha.
Classic, if you ever need anything, hit me up.

I'm in the middle of building a 4.6 with 4.0 Pistons, Crower cam, oversized valves, and HD springs. I'm hoping it with pass emissions. If it doesn't I will swap the heads and hope that the cam with the higher compression Pistons together will pass.

Top hat from Q&E.

Quick Reply: Engine noise and inspection camera!