General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Engine System Fault - Special Programs Off

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2017, 10:53 AM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine System Fault - Special Programs Off

Hi.

I have a 2006 range rover sport which was parked up for a long period of time without driving. I had begun to drive it again recently but when pushing the accelerator up to around 100km/hr a warning light and 'Engine Systems Fault' or sometimes 'Special Programs Off' would come on with the immediate loss of power and speed. I would have to then pull over, turn off the engine, start up again to return to normal driving until I do the same thing again. This was a major problem as I had no confidence to overtake slow moving traffic.
I took it to service and they said that there was a turbo and EGR fault. I felt that i had no other choice but to replace them and it was done with quality tested used parts.
I got it back the other day and now when I accelerate hard to around 100km/hr the message 'Engine Systems Fault' comes on but now with no loss of power.
Other times the 'Special Programs Off' message will show and I will lose power and have to pullover.
Warning light does not show anymore.
Dealer says that it could be problem with parts I got but feel that the problem could be somethingelse...

Hopefully someone here can she'd some light on the problem.

Thanks

Old 05-07-2018, 06:56 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Trasfercsse module

ok I made a mistake not the ECU module I ment to say the transfercae module

Old 02-08-2019, 09:52 AM
2nd Gear

I have exactly the same problem with a 2006 RRS - did you get an answer?

Old 03-01-2019, 11:27 PM
1st Gear
Default Interested on your response

hi. Did you ever get this sorted? I have just had a very similar experience. Currently I have the exact same 2 issues. Engine message with no loss of power and special programmes with a loss of power. I have just my egrs replaced. My turbo had seized but the garage freed it up, but I’m guessing maybe the turbo!

cheers

Old 03-02-2019, 09:18 AM
2nd Gear

Mine is still not sorted. Now if I rev above 3000 rpm it goes straight into limp mode...

Old 09-15-2019, 05:16 PM
1st Gear
Default Rr loss of power

Did you get this sorted ? Mines started doing the same today
Originally Posted by Cjbooth1981

hi. Did you ever get this sorted? I have just had a very similar experience. Currently I have the exact same 2 issues. Engine message with no loss of power and special programmes with a loss of power. I have just my egrs replaced. My turbo had seized but the garage freed it up, but I’m guessing maybe the turbo!

cheers

Old 01-23-2020, 06:06 PM
4wd High

Hi did you solve yr problem interested to know. Have similar issue.

Old 01-24-2020, 12:03 PM
4wd High

Hi guys i had the same problems and to my car to the garage and found out that it was the hose going to the turbo that was split.

Old 01-26-2020, 04:28 AM
4wd High

These problems are caused by a split hose that goes to the turbo causing it to lose power or can be loose connectors in the Terrain Control module. Or also if yr battery is weak and has lose terminals.
hope one of this may solve yr issues.
cheers

Old 06-03-2021, 04:02 PM
1st Gear
Default Hi did you sort this

Originally Posted by Kerryman10
Hi.

I have a 2006 range rover sport which was parked up for a long period of time without driving. I had begun to drive it again recently but when pushing the accelerator up to around 100km/hr a warning light and 'Engine Systems Fault' or sometimes 'Special Programs Off' would come on with the immediate loss of power and speed. I would have to then pull over, turn off the engine, start up again to return to normal driving until I do the same thing again. This was a major problem as I had no confidence to overtake slow moving traffic.
I took it to service and they said that there was a turbo and EGR fault. I felt that i had no other choice but to replace them and it was done with quality tested used parts.
I got it back the other day and now when I accelerate hard to around 100km/hr the message 'Engine Systems Fault' comes on but now with no loss of power.
Other times the 'Special Programs Off' message will show and I will lose power and have to pullover.
Warning light does not show anymore.
Dealer says that it could be problem with parts I got but feel that the problem could be somethingelse...

Hopefully someone here can she'd some light on the problem.

Thanks
hi did anyone sort this thanks andy

Quick Reply: Engine System Fault - Special Programs Off