General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Engine vibration in 03' disco 4.8L, & Wierd warning lights..

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2009, 05:56 PM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine vibration in 03' disco 4.8L, & Wierd warning lights..

The other day my engine started vibrating and the service engine light came on. It hasn't stopped. I also get terrible fuel economy around 270 miles to a tank. I was wondering if it could be the pollution control valve? Or maybe the O2 sensor?

Also my TC light hill decent light and abs lights come on seemingly for no reason sometimes. Anyone ever had this happen? know what it means?

Thanks

-R

Old 08-26-2009, 07:23 PM
4wd Low

Hello,

I'm not the one to fully answer this but I do know that the guys who know these vehicles will need some more info from you. They'll need the year model and milage along with all of the codes that have come up. Have you replaced the plugs and wires or do you know that they have been done and if so when? If you still have the check engine light on then go to Advance Auto Parts or AutoZone or one of theose other parts stores that will scan the OBD for you for free and post the codes here. Thats the only way they'll be able to clearly point you in the right direction.

Old 08-26-2009, 07:32 PM
4wd Low

Just so you know, I have an 03 Disco SE with about 75k on it. A few months ago I got a check engine light and was experiencing VERY rough idle and poor fuel economy. I listed a bunch of codes here and it turned out that I needed o2 sensors, new plugs and wires. I replaced all 4 o2 sensors with ones from Atlantic British for about $65 each. Put 8mm Magnecor wires on with Bosch Platinum Plus 4 plugs. We drove it for a couple hundred miles and the thing runs like a dream. The check engine light went out on its own. I have no idea if our problems were the same but it worked for me. List the codes and see what these guys have to say. They know their stuff!

Old 08-27-2009, 09:12 AM
Administrator
Received 103 Likes on 85 Posts

R,
How many miles on it, has it been tuned, were the wires replaced and do you have a check engine light on, if so go get the codes read at a local auto parts store and get back to us with the 4 digit fault code numbers.