General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Frustrations with P1170

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2016, 11:08 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Frustrations with P1170

Hey folks, I have been chasing this code since I bought my 03 D2 back in March. The rig had some code issues in addition to this code when I got it but those were all sorted out within a few hours. With the 1170, I read the RAVE and noted the B1-S2 note as sensor or wiring. I assumed at the time that the O2 sensor was the issue (using ultra-gauge) so I bought four new Bosch replacements and it worked for a while. I did see a few posts about the hairline crack issue and since the previous owner included a new Magnaflow wye pipe with the sale, I figured we would take care of that potential fix later.

Moved onto the rest of the engine and the head gaskets were leaking and so we decided to open it up. There was significant wear on the lower end so we decided to pull and replace the engine. The new engine is in and running really well. I installed the new wye pipe and four new O2 sensors along with the remainder of the Magnaflow exhaust (cat back). The code has been on and off the whole way.

My guess is that I have a loose connection or a ground issue. When it comes to the wiring possibilities, can any of you point me to a common rub area or a point where the ground may detach?

Sorry for the book but wanted to give some background.

Thanks