General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

the gremlin in the machine

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2017, 03:53 PM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default the gremlin in the machine

I have recently purchased a 2002 LR disco II, I bought it with issues - mainly slow starting. Since I have purchased it I have replaced or have had replaced the following:
CP sensor
brakes X 4
rotors X 4
brake sensors X 4
manifold gasket
exhaust gaskets
thermostat
spark plugs
air flow sensor
cleaned throttle body and replaced seals
ignition wiring harness (someone attached other "things" to it)
fuel pump
battery with higher cold cranking amps
master cyl w/ reservoir

the fuel pump was after the truck wouldn't start at all, crank no start, of course once it got to the shop it started right up, replaced pump anyway...did well for about a week, now will intermittently not start. If you leave it it will start up later; no difference whether it is hot, warm or cold. Tried a different blank key to rule out the security system, no difference. The cream on top is the 3 amigos are also on Getting frustrated because it is in the shop more than on the road; this is my 5th rover and it is wearing me out... the only other things to mention is there is a bad seal around the license plate lamps which has caused eroding of the plug at the bulb, the fog lights are in similar shape, someone had also wired in a sirius radio, a low jack and gps system - all removed, repaired or sealed. No recent codes/check engine light

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!!

Last edited by georgetherover; 02-28-2017 at 03:55 PM.