General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

How to unarm the alarm with out the remote?

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2006 | 03:40 AM
|
Three Wheeling
Default How to unarm the alarm with out the remote?

Do LR alarm system have a push-switch to disarm the alarm? I am comparing it with some after market alarms were the installer mounts a push botton to de-activate the alarm incase of a lost remote.

My Disco's alarm is acting-up and sometimes it activates by itself... my new remote is not programed yet.

Thanks

Old 12-13-2006 | 05:25 AM
Three Wheeling
Default RE: How to unarm the alarm with out the remote?

No push button. My Disco II you can disarm the alarm by entering the code using turns in each direction using the key in the ignition.

Old 12-13-2006 | 11:22 AM
Administrator

Ed, Rovers can disarm the alarm with the key or the remote, there are no hidden switches from the factory.
Are you having a problem with your's?
Mike

Old 12-13-2006 | 12:38 PM
|
Three Wheeling

ORIGINAL: Spyderman

...by entering the code using turns in each direction using the key in the ignition.
Your post was not clear to me... hmm... is this like turning on and off the ignition switch on a specific sequence?

Thanks

Old 12-13-2006 | 12:52 PM
|
Three Wheeling

ORIGINAL: Disco Mike

Ed, Rovers can disarm the alarm with the key or the remote, there are no hidden switches from the factory.
Are you having a problem with your's?
Mike
Hi DiscoMike, yeah... thats right... now you remind me that... I have taken out the driver's door switch/actuator to test it "outside its shell" thinking that this was causing my alarm problem. Well, it tested well and I have being lazy to put it back on.

And to answer your question, yes... my alarm activates by itself off and on and at random times. It has not worked for ~5 months but two weeks ago it started showing me again who is the boss!! I have posted questions and i have checked the switch on the hood, I checked the module connections, I was told Disco I does not have a spider, I checked the grounds and still... it has a mind of its own.

Cheers

Old 12-13-2006 | 06:26 PM
Three Wheeling

ORIGINAL: BMWLR

...by entering the code using turns in each direction using the key in the ignition.
Your post was not clear to me... hmm... is this like turning on and off the ignition switch on a specific sequence?

Thanks
That's right, exactly as you describe. How to do it is described in the owners manual and the code should have been supplied to you in documentation.

Old 12-14-2006 | 03:09 AM
|
Three Wheeling

That's right, exactly as you describe. How to do it is described in the owners manual and the code should have been supplied to you in documentation.
Can some one else confirm if this is also true for a Disco I?

I'm not the first owner so I was not supplied with doumentation on such code. The previous owner confirmed not having knowledge of the code. I guess if this is true on Disco I, I would have to go to the dealership with my title and DL... but my nearest LR dealership is after 2 hour drive. Does any one on this forum work at the dealership

Old 12-14-2006 | 05:10 AM
Three Wheeling

Sorry Matey, can't confirm if it's the same for Disco I as it is for II. Can't you phone the Dealer and ask? The Dealer that supplied the car originally should have the code on file.