General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Issues with 05 LR3 error lights/messages

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2011, 10:57 PM
Overlanding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Issues with 05 LR3 error lights/messages

Hi guys, already had one thread but I figured this category would be better.
I took my LR3 3 and a half hours drive to the nearest dealer, only to have only one error light/message remain on the dash before coming back when I got home(good timing eh?) I have lots of error lights and messages(check video below) on the dash. It started as the park break red and amber would randomly flash while driving, then the next day all the lights seen on the video came on, and they would be there one week, gone the next even for just one drive and restarting the car would fix it, but now they are consistently lit. Took it to the dealer(with only one error message and one light on the dash) they said it was either the parking break control module or wiring to the park brake control module, and told us if the other messages went away it was most likely not a problem-wrong. after I insisted there had to be an issue, he said they could book it in to be looked at but for just an estimate I would need to pay 4-6 hours shop labor($130 an hour plus tax) just to find out what was wrong.

05 LR3/Disco3 problem, help!? - YouTube

I'm good with vehicle electronics, and have some mechanical experience, as well as have a good relationship with a local mechanic in my town, but he knows nothing about the newer Land Rovers with their diagnostics and computers, so if someone has a good guess of whats wrong I'd rather tackle it on my own then pay $600+ to Land Rover before even having it fixed.

When I bought the car before it was delivered to me it had two control arms replaced(front left, rear left) however, the dealer I bought it from only ordered the parts from Land Rover dealer and had them installed at an unknown, unheard of dealership.

Hope someone can help because I can't afford huge money to get it fixed.