General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Key Programming 2015 Evoque

Old 03-13-2019, 09:02 PM
4wd Low
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Key Programming 2015 Evoque

Hello Everyone,

I have a question for the JLR SDD techs out there.

I have a 2015 Evoque that I am using the VXDIAG Nano interface and SDD. I need to program 2 new keys because my one good key got damaged and would only start the car by putting it under the column and the passive features were not working. I purchased 2 new fobs and was going through the procedure to program them but after it had me erase the current fob the program failed. Now I can't even switch the car on. I am using JLR SDD 153.01 v293. At this point when I try to use the "replace faulty/lost keys" program it wants me to turn the car on which I can't do with the key not working. The SDD connects to the car with no problem and others service programs work fine. Am I missing something or is it not possible to program keys after you have cleared everything....I mean it does ask you to clear all of them first. Thanks for any help out there!

Philip

Old 03-14-2019, 07:40 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 57 Likes on 44 Posts

Sounds like you bricked the car. There should be a “recover key” program. I would hard battery reset, run the “add keys” again and make sure the can bus stays active, open/shut /open the drivers door, hazards on.

Old 03-14-2019, 09:31 AM
4wd Low

Originally Posted by Nosugar0carbs
Sounds like you bricked the car. There should be a “recover key” program. I would hard battery reset, run the “add keys” again and make sure the can bus stays active, open/shut /open the drivers door, hazards on.
I will give that a go today, can never hurt to do a battery reset. The problem I am having is that the "add add'l keys" function requires you to turn the car on and off which I cannot do. Even the "replace faulty/lost keys" function asks you to turn it on initially..... I really don't understand how you are supposed to do that when you don't have any keys.

Options for key programming
There is a "configure new KVM" but I'm not thinking it would do it since I don't have a new KVM.

Old 03-14-2019, 09:40 AM
4wd Low

I will give that a go today, can never hurt to do a battery reset. The problem I am having is that the "add add'l keys" function requires you to turn the car on and off which I cannot do. Even the "replace faulty/lost keys" function asks you to turn it on initially..... I really don't understand how you are supposed to do that when you don't have any keys. There is a "configure new KVM" but I'm thinking that will not help since it is not a new one.

Key programming options

Old 03-14-2019, 03:47 PM
4wd Low

OK, well I can now get to the point where it SDD downloads software for the key module but when it goes to direclty download it to the module it says it has failed. The SDD is definitely communicating with the key module but the download fails and the procedure stops there. I am wondering if I need a later version of JLR SDD? The software part number it is downloading is FK72-14C104-AC-VBF and that it is the latest software info but it says that FK72-14C107-AC-VBF is the software downloader part number.....very confusing.

Old 03-14-2019, 06:43 PM
Rock Crawling

Does the downloader screen pop up? Are you on/off WiFi? Do you have the accessibility to program/add keys? There is also a newer version out as well 155.xx

Old 03-14-2019, 07:22 PM
4wd Low

Yes, the downloader screen comes up and downloads software that has a yellow circle with an exclamation point. It says" the overall download status of this module cannot be determined due to the unknown status displayed above, make sure the latest software has been loaded before proceeding." It says "latest software info FK72-14C104-KM", "files to be downloaded FK-14C104C-KM VBF. Under "other related information" it says "software bootloader part number FK72-14C107-AC VBF". So, it downloads the software and then I can go to the point where it starts to download to the key module but then fails. Yes, the computer is on wifi, the laptop is plugged directly into the interface. So could that be that I am needing a new version of SDD for the 2015? It looks like they have version 156 now that is available for download but not sure if there is patch for it or it is activated.... Could go the ebay route. Even thought of paying $300 for the JLR Doctor key programmer and then selling it when I am done....anything to not have the car hauled to the dealer and pay them! But really, the SDD should work.

Old 03-14-2019, 07:26 PM
4wd Low

And I went ahead and started downloading version 156 and of course the first thing it did was delete my 153.01 so I guess now I am stuck trying to get a newer version to work. Why do these programs have to delete all your working things first before they let you move on!!!

Old 03-14-2019, 07:41 PM
Super Moderator
Received 1,464 Likes on 1,195 Posts

They do it just to keep it exciting

Old 03-15-2019, 10:21 AM
Rock Crawling

Last question, are you logged as an independent or a dealer? If as an independent, do you have all your security credits up to date?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Key Programming 2015 Evoque