General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Key Programming 2015 Evoque

Old 03-15-2019, 06:45 PM
4wd Low
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I updated to 155.04 and tried again. This time it found 3 files to download to the key module, but it failed once again. All 3 had the unknown designation. I checked and at the time I was logged in as an independent. I went in and changed it to dealer and filled in what I needed to and it changed it to dealer. But when I went to try it again it started downloading version 155.06 automatically and it created a problem/lag time when I was running the SDD. So I will try again tomorrow and update. I will try and post a couple of the screenshots of the info on the unknown downloads and the sequence. It did come up with the message that the error code was A01 communications failure for the downloading. But I noticed that it was communicating with the key module before that. Obviously it is not able to communicate with all modules because there is no way to turn the ignition to on. I really don't get why it needs to download software to the key module when all I want to do is add keys. Thanks so much for taking the time to help!

Old 03-15-2019, 10:24 PM
4wd Low
Old 03-15-2019, 10:31 PM
4wd Low
Old 03-16-2019, 07:53 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 57 Likes on 44 Posts

Try updating the kvm/rfa as existing and see if you can upload software into it(to determine if the kvm/rfa is communicating) then program key by “adding” keys. It doesn’t matter about the key on/key off messages for programming as long as the module is “awake”. If you can’t get anywhere after that, idk. This part is a little more SDD advanced but, why don’t you manual patch to an older version that allows key programming without the security hassle and other prohibitive functions and try programming like that?

Old 03-19-2019, 11:57 AM
4wd Low

Well, the RFA was communicating until I tried the download, then I got the red x. So I did some more research and read that you can take the #1 5 amp passenger fuse out which is for the RFA, use the immo service function to turn the ignition to on and while it is on, disengage the parking brake and put the RFA fuse back in, and it would wake up the module. Lo and behold, it actually worked. So with the RFA communicating I tried the download again and got 901 code. "Invalid data parameter" Tried again but it had shut down the RFA again, no communication message. I have given up at this point, having it towed to the dealer. I made sure the RFA was back to communicating so they couldn't say I needed a new module. The charge $162 an hour now, min 1 hour, for programming keys. I hate to give up but too many hours spent on all this to justify continuing. Main problem is it couldn't read what software the KVM had installed and as a result it would fail when it tried to download the software SDD felt it should have. Not really sure why it would need to download anything, but apparently that is the way the SDD is set up to run. Thanks again for your advice, it is greatly appreciated!