General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Laney will not start after new battery fitted?

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2017, 08:03 PM
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Laney will not start after new battery fitted?

Bit of a long one guys so bear with me......4 days ago I could not get the car to start, Green Flag got me going with jump and easy start in air intake. Took car straight away for a new battery....drove all day no problems. The following morning, went to start it up, it was turning over but no start and HDC switched off msg on dash. Left it for a few hours then turned it over until it did start and drove it for around an hour with no problems at all. The next morning it turned over but then went dead. Did this three times and then everything just stopped working. Nothing at all from the start button, no lights on dash..nothing. that evening I checked it out again and the fob was taken into the slot, the door open alarm sounded. The lights/radio/horn etc worked but not one light on the dash. When I held the button for a couple of seconds every light came on the dash and my hazards flashed, the message centre flashed up engine system fault, HDC switched off and Transmission fault. Everything stayed lit when I removed the key fob and would only go off when I pressed the start button again.?? Got towed to my garage who rang me later on saying he didn't have a clue why it was acting the way it was. It is getting a diagnostic tomorrow but if anyone has experienced anything like this and could shed some light on what I am beginning to think will be a very expensive problem. I have had this car for three years and I have never had a problem with it until last Saturday

Old 12-13-2017, 01:31 AM
Baja
Received 721 Likes on 626 Posts

Is this a Freelander? What model and year please....

Old 12-13-2017, 03:43 AM
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Laney will not start after new battery fitted.

Hi Abran, yes sorry, it is a Freelander 2 TDI gs 2007. Had the garage on the phone this morning and it will not connect to his computer and the message "ECU Fault" is showing on the dash? He is having it towed to someone who can hopefully help asap. Many thanks for your reply and any info that would help would be greatly appreciated