General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

LR3 suspension fault

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2017, 03:26 PM
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LR3 suspension fault

ok to start i know there are countless threads on this topic so please bare with me, yes i have done a search before posting i just cant seem to find a situation like mine

so i bought my LR3 about 6 months ago and it had a "suspension fault normal height only" everything i read had said the dryer was bad. i didn't worry to fix it because it would raise and lower just fine and the fault didn't come up for about a minute or so.

about 3 months ago i started to notice the nose of the truck lowering every night. ( bad front valve block) i didn't worry to replace because it was fine during the day.

fast forward to a week ago and i get sick and didn't drive the truck for about 3 days. walked out and cranked her up and the "suspension fault " came up quicker than normal and wouldn't rise. a few quick shut offs and it popped up " suspension will raise once cooled" or something like that. finally after letting it sit for a couple hours trying it and then repeating the process all day i finally got it up.

went out of town for a few days and now she wont go up at all. suspension fault almost immediately after cranking. but now it doesn't even say normal height only. Just Suspension fault.

felt the compressor motor and it was very hot.

went ahead and bought a new compressor and relay and front valve block. changed them all and the fault still shows up. the compressor will run for about 10 seconds and then the fault comes up and it cuts off

also i have Johnson rods, not sure if that changes anything.......

PLEASE HELP

Old 06-01-2017, 09:47 PM
Super Moderator
Received 1,505 Likes on 1,232 Posts

If its a upgraded compressor i believe a software update is needed