General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

need help bypassing becm

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2010, 08:38 PM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help bypassing becm

i have a 98 p39 range rover with about 130,xxx on it. my becm is malfunctioning and with my display diagnosis saying tranfer box fault as a result it is displaying that i am in 3rd gear when the actual gear shifter is in park so i cant start the car. i have been told that the becm is the problem. the cost for the repair or replacement is fairly pricey so i am choosing to bypass the becm to be able to start the car until i have the money to get the becm taken care of. i have begun this by rigging a wire to the starter solenoid and rigging that wire to a relay. my only problem is that i am trying to find the tickler wire on the ignition switch and i cant im not just talking about the acc turn on wire. by tickler wire i mean wire that gets power sent over it when the ignition switch is in the start or III position. does anyone know where to find this wire on the rover? i know the the ignition switch is sending some kind of electricity over a wire because i can hear relays click below the passenger seat when i turn the key to the start position. I have looked at the rave manual but find it hard to decifer the color or location of the wire.

Old 06-13-2010, 08:44 AM
Drifting
Talking Bypass BeCM

All you need to do is jump (connect) connector 257-6 to connector 113-2 (white/red wire) at the BeCM. This is a ground signal by the way, not power. You will not need to run any wires or install any relays. ibis1

Old 06-14-2010, 08:04 PM
Drifting

thanks for the help i got it done. originally i was just confused because i was looking for a hot wire from the ignition switch i then figured well if it isnt hot its gotta be ground so i rigged at a ground energized relay and the setup works good for now as a temporary fix until i can pay to fix the becm

Old 06-29-2010, 11:56 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by ibis1
All you need to do is jump (connect) connector 257-6 to connector 113-2 (white/red wire) at the BeCM. This is a ground signal by the way, not power. You will not need to run any wires or install any relays. ibis1
will this help the truck to just start or will this help the becm communicate with the transfer box as well?

Old 06-29-2010, 03:41 PM
Drifting
Talking BeCM problem?

Originally Posted by KGN96discoSE7
will this help the truck to just start or will this help the becm communicate with the transfer box as well?
That will simply take the BeCM out of the starter circuit, it will not correct anything other than starting your vehicle if the BeCM starter circuit was faulty. ibis1