General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Need help (has anyone experienced this?)

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2011 | 10:17 AM
|
4th Gear
Default Need help (has anyone experienced this?)

Hi everyone,

I have a '10 HSEPLS LR4

I got some unpleasant car problems on the NY eve and I am curious if anyone had similar experience. Not really sure weather to take it to the shop or not and what to tell them.

So here it goes:

Drove to Manhattan for the NY night, raised the car and parked on top of one of those snow banks. Few cars could probably park there...

Was ready to leave at 3am, got in the car and was getting some slippage on my way out of the snow bank. I have no snow tires. Put the **** in the rock crawl, the screen asked to select low. Got out of the parking right away!

Tried to shift TC back into high (on the fly) according to user manual. TC gets stuck and I get all the suspension, traction control lights on the dash. The HI/LO switch is blinking. The display says "suspension error" blah blah

Lucky me gets to drive 30 miles home in LO keeping RPM around 36-3800 and accompanied by the smell of burning oil. Stopped twice to cool things just in case.

Next morning disconnected the battery, tried the TC switch again and heard the actuator click. All the lights on the panel are still on, but it is in high now. Disconnected the battery again and all the lights are off now.

After several hundred miles everything works like it is supposed to, go wonder!!!

Any thoughts guys?

Thanks, Igor