General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

New Battery in my "09 Land Rover Lr2 and still won't start...

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2021, 11:26 AM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Battery in my "09 Land Rover Lr2 and still won't start...

Hi there everyone
I'm new here and I hope that I am doing this right. I read the rules and downloaded the resource manual.
I also hope someone out there has had a similar issue and figured it out without draining their bank account.
I'm a first time owner of a Land Rover LR2 HSE.
On Thanksgiving day I had been in and out of the car and I left the back door open and the fob in the ignition for about 5 hours. Later that day I got in to go have dinner at my mother's house. It was completely dead. No interior lights, door chimes, window buttons, door locks, or ignition button, nothing at all. I had a hard time getting my fob out.
My neighbor tried jumping and after repeatedly trying to start it up it just didn't have enough power The error code read "Reduced Engine Performance"
He suggested recharging the battery. We had it on the charger 24-48 hours.
The chargers bad battery light came on.
The next day I bought a new battery. After all that, now everything works, except the car ignition start button, no click, no noise at all.😕
My car worked 100% before this with no issues till I left the fob in, door open.
My husband is going to disconnect the battery cables and touch them together to clear and reset the computer.
Watched that on YouTube. Is he OK to do this?
Has anyone else had something like this happen and can relate? What did you do? Thanks to all...