General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

No Sound from Speakers 2001 RR 4.6 HSE

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2007, 01:33 PM
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No Sound from Speakers 2001 RR 4.6 HSE

Hello All, I am a newbie. I have a problem, I hope SOMEONE can help me with!! I've tried countless forums, and NO one has even attempted to help me! Anyway, here goes:

I have a 2001 Range Rover 4.6 HSE.A little background. About 1 month ago, my wife wasdriving and called me at home. She said thatshewas listening to the radio, and all of a sudden, a veryhigh pitched squeal came through all the speakers, and the sound went out. Now, it's been like that for about a month. I drive it to work, everyday, and listen to complete silence. Well, this weekend, we went out of town. The truck was at home. Whenwe came back, I was goingto go out in the truck, and the battery was dead. I usedthe car, to jump off the truck. When I jumped the truck off, I took it around the block to build the battery back up. For some reason, I turned the radio on...habit I guess?! But, guess what? The radio came on. It sounded SO good! I forgot how nice the system in that truck is!! I rode around for about10 mins. All of asudden, I hear this VERY loud high pitched squeal through all the speakers (obviously the same my wife heard) and the sound went out again. This time, the squeal continued after I turned the radio off, and even after I turned the truck off and took the key out. Then it stopped after a minute or so. I am baffled!!Obviously, the radio & cd changer work...obviously the speakers work. What in the world could be causing this? Has anyone else dealt with this??

Another thing. I was reading another website, andit said that my truck was supposed to have an amplifier in the back left side, in the subwoofer box. Well,that was a bold face lie!!It took me 41/2HOURS to get that thing open!! The screws in the back are apain in the butt tounscrew. FINALLY got this dumb thing open, and there was nothing but a power source (small mainboard with some varioussolderedfuses) on the speakers. NO AMP! So, where is this mysterious amp??

PLEASE...SOMEbody, help me!! This is SO FRUSTRATING!! I just want to listen to my music again!!

Sorryso long...thanks forreading.

Old 11-13-2007, 04:18 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: No Sound from Speakers 2001 RR 4.6 HSE

Hi Canderson76.
The amp is located in the drivers door.Remove the panel and you will see it.It is located next to the speaker.
Regards
Marius