General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

P0300 code stalls camping trip...

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2011, 09:48 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Disco Mike
A lot of guessing going on here, if you still need/want some help, send me your number and I'll call you.
Speaking of guessing... My CEL disappeared!

I haven't run the scanner to see if the CEL bulb just went out, but Thor had been sitting around for a while with very little gas in the tank.

Is it possible that the moisture build up in an almost empty gas tank could have caused the misfiring and P1179 and good gas for about 130mi made it all better?

I bought new plugs and the wires come in tomorrow. It was an auction-mobile, so about a hundred bucks for air filter, plugs, wires, and oil change couldn't hurt, right?

Old 05-19-2011, 03:56 PM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ThorsDiscovery

I bought new plugs and the wires come in tomorrow. It was an auction-mobile, so about a hundred bucks for air filter, plugs, wires, and oil change couldn't hurt, right?
These rigs tend to favor High octane fuel and run better with it. I would be hesitant to put new plugs and wires in that were not at least OEM. After changing the wires once you will know why. That's not a job you want to do any more than you have to. Guys on this forum are dropping $100 on Magnecor wires and getting good results. I don't have enough experience with them to comment on the matter.

As for fuel additive, I use Chevrons Premium with Techron because it is supposed to help. I haven't torn my engine down to see if it really does. But a valve job is $2000...

Mike- thanks, my problems are gone- New plugs/wires did it for now. If it acts up I will take you up on that offer though.