General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

p38 electric window 'dead' -help!

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2008, 05:16 PM
4wd High
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default p38 electric window 'dead' -help!

hi guys. i bought a p38 with a fault known to the previous owner and now me. the car is 1997 p38 4.0 se. The NSF window will not move. i have checked the door outstation, swapped with the one opposite, that works. tried a spare motor, that is same, but works on other side, there is (proved) no power reaching the outstation, unlike other side(12v that controls the window motor) if i tap into the wiring with 12v, the window will move up or down, depending on what grey wire i power. there are a pair or grey with colour striped wires, thicker than the other wires entering the outstation. i have checked the fuses under the seat i think 2+ 22 from memory. is there a point further back? there must be a point perhaps on the BECM or the engine area fusebox, all other windows/sunroof are fine, the dash beeps 'window not set lh front' but not the usual up down to set. -it wont move. obviously, the button is signalling the BECM, but i guess its not relaying the power, EITHER WAY
i removed the engine fuse box to push home all the contact plugs. i swapped out RL7 for another. dont want to waste all day taking things apart for nothing anymore. any suggestions please. thanks in advance guys.

getting tips from forums gives me hope. otherwise i feel i need to bang something with my favourite tool.