General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

"Rave" Factory LR Service Manuals now Available on Extinct Motorsports Website

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2024, 01:24 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 1,414 Likes on 1,010 Posts
Default "Rave" Factory LR Service Manuals now Available on Extinct Motorsports Website

Various members have hosted the Rave Service Manuals over the years (thanks to @WaltNYC and @mln01 for hosting recently) however as new members join sometimes it is hard for newbies to find them and on top of that they mostly require a download which is great on a desktop but maybe not so user friendly on a phone or tablet. In an effort to assure long term availability I have decided to also host them on my website so that if any of the other members decide to stop hosting they are still available. Additionally, I have taken some effort to make them available in a browser without downloading. That as they say is when the fight started. So everything works pretty well on a desktop browser, when it comes to mobile devices it gets much more complicated. Chrome just about refuses to render a pdf in a mobile browser, there are a few work arounds but all are either onerous on the user or the website programmer, so no love there. Safari and Firebox fortunately both render pdfs within their browser without a lot of difficulty. There is some dependency on the user settings on the phone as to whether they open directly or they default to download or they ask you if you want to download or open in app so you may have to adjust your settings. If it ask you if you want to open in the app just select the browser for the app, if it does not ask then dig in to your preferred browser settings and change it to fit your preferences. I am not going to link it here because it is sure to change over the years with browser and operating system versions, just do a internet search I am sure you will find it.

Anyway, it is on our website under the support section, here is the link for those interested: Extinct Motorsports Hosted LR workshop manuals "RAVE"

Last edited by Extinct; 03-20-2024 at 01:28 PM. Reason: spelling
The following users liked this post:
mollusc (03-20-2024)