General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Is this rotor shot?

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2012, 10:09 AM
Winching
Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by Waterfowl
Yeah. Save the B.S. for your clients.
Nice dig, quite impressive.

Since it is obvious that you never did anything in life for a profit, I want to sincerely thank you from the bottom of my heart for devoting yourself to a lifetime of charity.

Old 09-18-2012, 11:32 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LR Techniker
Nice dig, quite impressive.

Since it is obvious that you never did anything in life for a profit, I want to sincerely thank you from the bottom of my heart for devoting yourself to a lifetime of charity.
I would think that you would be to busy "working" to post during business hours to a forum. You can just double charge someone for the down time to make it up.

Let's just be clear. A shop allowing you to use your own parts for the job is not an indication they do not do quality work.

Old 09-18-2012, 03:00 PM
Winching

Originally Posted by Waterfowl
I would think that you would be to busy "working" to post during business hours to a forum. You can just double charge someone for the down time to make it up.

Let's just be clear. A shop allowing you to use your own parts for the job is not an indication they do not do quality work.
I'm not here for mud slinging. I come here to provide assistance, despite the train wreck here. As for being busy, yes, my employees are very busy. If I pop in here and there at random places to give assistance, that is my business.

You have never been to my shop, you don't know my labor rate, you don't know what brands of parts I use or how I price them so I don't know how you can say such things about how I run a business. I'm not sure where your hatred for specialty shops comes from. If you had a previous bad experience that you would like discuss, I'm all ears, but you really need to let some of that anger go! Its not healthy!

Old 09-18-2012, 04:25 PM
Three Wheeling

I'm not here for mud slinging. I come here to provide assistance, despite the train wreck here. As for being busy, yes, my employees are very busy. If I pop in here and there at random places to give assistance, that is my business.

You have never been to my shop, you don't know my labor rate, you don't know what brands of parts I use or how I price them so I don't know how you can say such things about how I run a business. I'm not sure where your hatred for specialty shops comes from. If you had a previous bad experience that you would like discuss, I'm all ears, but you really need to let some of that anger go! Its not healthy!
Why would you think I'm angry? You seem to be the one upset about being called out for making an absurd generalization about shops that allow customers to bring in parts for service.

What "assistance" have you provided in this thread besides making derogatory statements about practices at other shops?No one is telling you how to run your "business." I suggest you keep your marketing lines for your clients.

Old 09-18-2012, 05:28 PM
Winching

I have contributed as much to this thread as you: 0

Which makes a good point. If you have more to say, PM me. Hopefully somebody can chime in and provide the OP with useful information.

Old 09-18-2012, 05:42 PM
Three Wheeling

I have contributed as much to this thread as you: 0

Which makes a good point. If you have more to say, PM me. Hopefully somebody can chime in and provide the OP with useful information.
Post a pic of your "shop" and tell us the name hot rod.

Old 09-18-2012, 08:22 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

Guys, knock it off.
I was not trying to start anything, I was making a general statement about specialty shops.
One of my customers is one, he restores classic European cars, bring him a frame and a few body parts and he will make you a fresh off the show room car.
He is expensive, but he is also the best, guys come from many states away to have him work on their cars.
You want factory a/c in that 1968 Mercedes Benz? Bring it in, he will install it for you.
You 1973 Fiat Spider get burnt to a crisp in a fire? Bring it in, new car in a few months.

We welcome Land Rover techs on this forum, us beer budget owners may not like the prices they charge, but we benefit from their training.