General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

SDD/Mongoose advice

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2021, 03:56 PM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SDD/Mongoose advice

I'm looking for some advice on SDD/Mongoose. I have recently purchased a kit of software and the cable.

I installed this on Windows 10 as per the instructions and the software looked like it was working, and the cable was being recognized by the laptop and software.

As soon as I plugged it into the car I had all sorts of errors coming up on the dash about stability, ride height and when I read the modules pretty much all of them had errors.

After I removed the cable and run the car for a bit, all the errors went part from the engine management light which is still on and won't go.

I spoke to the seller today and asked if he had any issues as from a post I have found online somebody else had the same issue and said he believes it's the cable. One mistake I did make is I installed this on a Windows 10 laptop rather than a Windows 7 one. So I reinstalled Windows 7 today and tried that and still get the same issue.

Can anybody shed any light on this, can you confirm the cable is faulty. Also, is there a way to get rid of the engine management light i have discounted the battery for 60 secs, but it's still there.