General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Suspension Fault-NHO

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2011, 02:55 PM
8th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Suspension Fault-NHO

Hello all,

I am new to this forum and I am glad I have found a great place for information on my LR3. I hate that I start out new to a forum with a problem, but I wanted to get some insight before I start looking into a repair.
I have a 2006 LR3 with 55k miles that has been a fantastic car (knocking on wood). Here lately I have been getting a "Suspension Fault-Normal Height Only" message that has become quite annoying. It has happened a few times in the past, but gone away after cutting the truck off. Now it seems to happen every single time I drive it.
I have spoken to a few people and have gained a good amount of knowledge on possible issues but wanted some more advice. From what I have been told this issue can stem to needing to replace the compressor to a leaky air bag. My compressor seems to work fine, no loud noises and only runs for about 90 seconds when I first start up. The fault message come on at random times although I have now noticed a few times that it comes on after I hit a bump in the road...other times may be just sitting at a stoplight, or driving.
I want to get this problem corrected and I know it may be expensive, and I dont mind this as long as its done right the first time! I know if I take it to a dealer they will want to replace the most expensive part and move their way down the line. I found a few LR repair shops in town (Charlotte, NC area) and they seem to be happy to fix this but I want some more info so I can go in their shops better prepared...
Any help or advice is very appreciated.

Matt

Old 02-02-2013, 11:54 AM
Overlanding

It seems like it is not the compressor. Maybe a sensor or valve.... Suggest to get a mechanic with a scanner capable of reading FULL FEATURES of LR (including suspension).

Old 02-02-2013, 04:44 PM
Winching
Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts

Matt,

I have seen a hand full of Rovers that will lock in at Normal height when accumulator pressure is slow to rise (weak compressor). I guess the logic is that when the Control Module sees the compressor is weak, it locks you in at normal height, for fear of you putting it in Access mode and it not being able to raise it back up to drive.

The best bet is to have it diagnosed before assuming anything.

Old 02-02-2013, 08:44 PM
Drifting

Having been in the same spot, here are a couple of things I found. First I had a valve in the back fail, slow to operate. Also found a broken wire somewhere between rear control valve and front modual. Lastly had the compressor completely crap out. Having repaired all that I now have operational suspension again.