General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Tranny shudder

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2009, 08:41 PM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tranny shudder

I recently purchased an 01 dicovery 2 . I noticed that after driving for a while it will shudder when up shifting and not always at the same gear. This doesn't happen all the time but is becoming for frequent. This does not happen when the truck is cold. I've ordered the trans filter and gasket from Atlantic British to see if this helps but don't know if I'm wasting my time. It doesn't slip so I'm thinking it's not a major issue? feels like sticky valves?Also is it normal for the rear end to feel like it's loose and moving around on uneven ground while reversing at low speeds with the ACE package? I've checked all the bushings and everything seams to be ok but it feels like it's coming out from under the truck until your moving forward? Thanks for any help. Brad

Old 10-10-2009, 09:29 AM
Administrator
Received 99 Likes on 81 Posts

You might want to send me your number so I can call you and get you pointed in the right direction.
Your ACE can't cause the loose feeling.

Old 08-19-2015, 10:59 PM
8th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Disco Mike
You might want to send me your number so I can call you and get you pointed in the right direction.
Your ACE can't cause the loose feeling.
Hey Disco Mike, I feel like the OP is describing something similar to what has been happening to me. I have replaced my front driveshaft and the issue seems to be less noticeable.

I think because I am now really paying attention to it happening it feels like any shudder might be it... but I could be wrong.

Would you mind shedding some light into this issue for me as well?

feel free to call me or txt. I can reply with my number when you get to this msg.

Many thanks!!