General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

wandering

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2007, 04:18 AM
Overlanding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wandering

i have recently purchased a 93 discovery 3 door v8.[/align]my problem is i brought this vehicle to tow a boat there lies the problem the car is at unloaded with a trailer[/align]very unstable on the road,the car just doesn`t want to stay in a straight line,i`ve hade the steering and front end checked by a land/range rover mechanic and [/align]nothing out of the ordinary was found.[/align]The car has a lift kit installed but nothing to radical,it is wearing 265/70/16 tyres and once i hook the boat onto it,[/align]it is vertually undrivable at any speed near 60klm.[/align]i`m hoping you can give me some ideas as to why this is happening and how to fix the problem.[/align]to me the suspenssion fells a little soft but i`m not sure that would be causing such a dramatic response,a little hiccup on the road seams to be exagurated due to the direct steering of the larger tyers.[/align]please feel free to contact me if you can give me any advice [/align][/align]

Old 10-04-2007, 08:05 AM
Administrator
Received 99 Likes on 81 Posts
Default RE: wandering

I would look at bad tire wear patterns first, check the shaft from the steering wheel o the gear box, check the adjustment on the steering box and if all that is good then do a 4 way alignment to make sure the truck is going down the road straight.

Old 10-08-2007, 03:52 AM
Overlanding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: wandering

thanx disco,tyre wear is evan all round i had the steering box ajusted,it will need a couple of bushes in the rear stabilisers but they said that wouldn`t cause whats happening i`ve taken it to ultimate performance 4wd performance centre up here on the gold coast and they said it could be caused by failing shocks,
its got king springs installed but ****ty euro shocks,theve quoated me $740 installed but i can parts cheaper is it a difficult instal? i`ve never worked on one of these defore..