General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Water in the cabin consequences?

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2013, 08:08 AM
4wd Low
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Water in the cabin consequences?

This is a lot to ask for, but any help you can provide would be great ly appreciated

Hi. I have a 2002 Disco 2. Last night I took my dying father for a ride in the woods and slipped off the track I was in and got into some deep water. I got about 6 inches of water in the floorboard. No water got into the air intake. I pulled my self out with a come-along and a chain, no problem, but now I've got what I hope are some electrical issues. It was all worth it because my dad, despite his condition and constant pain, laughed the whole time. he said it was the best time he'd had in years.

But now here's what I'm dealing with:

1) I can't get the key out without disconnecting the battery.

2) Although my Rover drove fine going home, noticed that after coming to a complete stop, it hesitates before moving once I press the accelerator. I have to give it some gas to get it moving, where before, just releasing the brake would get it in motion.

3) The M and S lights are on now.

4) My speakers buzz constantly, radio on or off once I put the key in the ignition.

5) I noticed that the transmission/gear shift selector light does not come on to show what gear I'm in and the display on the dash does not show what gear I am in either. (Is this some kind of switch on the tranny that was under water for a while?)