LR2 Talk about the Land Rover LR2 within.

Evap system mystery

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2021, 09:18 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 553 Likes on 462 Posts

One of the consequences of living in CA. I did that in the 80's. Never again.

Old 05-19-2021, 09:29 AM
Winching
Received 285 Likes on 217 Posts

Originally Posted by flybd5
One of the consequences of living in CA. I did that in the 80's. Never again.
It's home, extended family here, wife's people all here. And I do like being able to do run or bike in shirtsleeves 355 days/year. Hoping at some point the sanity pendulum swings back. If not probably keep the house here and move to NV, and avoid cali for 183 days out of the year. That way at least I can keep their greedy, grasping fingers off my income.

Old 05-19-2021, 09:31 AM
Pro Wrench

Originally Posted by merlinj79
Hoping at some point the sanity pendulum swings back.
Click your heels. That's what I thought back in the early 80's. Fled east in 1985 and only visit since then, mostly for business.

Old 05-19-2021, 09:41 AM
Winching

Click your heels. That's what I thought back in the early 80's. Fled east in 1985 and only visit since then, mostly for business.
Yeah it has gotten worse than I ever imagined... my wife (cali girl, child of educators) was raised a dyed-in-wool, true-blue feminist liberal democrat, interned for her congress-critter in DC in college, etc. She's done a complete 180 lately, voted for DJT last time, and is now somewhere right of Mitt Romney. That should probably tell me something, we used to argue about politics for 25 years now she agrees with everything I say Although I couldn't quite bring myself to vote for Don: Libertarian = None of the Above

Old 05-19-2021, 09:44 AM
Pro Wrench

Yeah it has gotten worse than I ever imagined... my wife (cali girl, child of educators) was raised a dyed-in-wool, true-blue feminist liberal democrat, interned for her congress-critter in DC in college, etc. She's done a complete 180 lately, voted for DJT last time, and is now somewhere right of Mitt Romney. That should probably tell me something, we used to argue about politics for 25 years now she agrees with everything I say Although I couldn't quite bring myself to vote for Don: Libertarian = None of the Above
I wonder how she will feel about it when the NY AG and the Manhattan DA put some handcuffs on him and lock him up. They're double-teaming on the criminal investigation now. Does not bode well for the Cheeto.

Old 05-19-2021, 09:57 AM
Winching

I wonder how she will feel about it when the NY AG and the Manhattan DA put some handcuffs on him and lock him up. They're double-teaming on the criminal investigation now. Does not bode well for the Cheeto.
Yeah, they're trying hard to roll him up. I wish they'd just let it go (unless he did something really heinous) because the backlash of that will be be even more divisive... that kind of prosecution walks and talks like political retribution, not legit law enforcement. Do they want to make the guy a living martyr???

Old 05-19-2021, 10:02 AM
Pro Wrench

Yeah, they're trying hard to roll him up. I wish they'd just let it go (unless he did something really heinous) because the backlash of that will be be even more divisive... that kind of prosecution walks and talks like political retribution, not legit law enforcement. Do they want to make the guy a living martyr???
They won't, and they shouldn't. He's way too toxic to our democracy for that. The Germans would have thought the same thing in the 1930's if Hitler had been jailed again. Look at where that led them. And here is where I stop with this. It's way off-topic.

Old 05-19-2021, 11:14 AM
Winching
Received 144 Likes on 121 Posts

You can't reward "corruption" with a look away or pass...................it's cancer, it must be cut out and disposed of.

But then again, I am a proud Canadian and we have corruption here as well...........smaller scale and less obvious !

Re the evap system; maybe just replace the purge valve; I have not had to do mine but it should be fairly accessible. Do you hear it whine for a minute or two when you shut the vehicle off?

Old 05-19-2021, 11:19 AM
Pro Wrench

Originally Posted by ThorInc
Re the evap system; maybe just replace the purge valve; I have not had to do mine but it should be fairly accessible. Do you hear it whine for a minute or two when you shut the vehicle off?
The purge valve doesn't whine. The way to check the purge valve is in the service manual.
  1. Disconnect the vapor pipe from the inlet port of the evaporative purge valve.
  2. RUN the engine for 2 minutes, making sure that the engine reaches normal operating temperature.
  3. Check that the evaporative purge valve is operating, by touch or by sound (using a stethoscope, it will be possible to hear the valve operating).

Old 06-02-2021, 03:51 PM
Pro Wrench

The damn evap error is back again. So it wasn't the pump. I guess the purge valve may need changing, but there's another twist: the fuel level indicator is dropping to zero, yellow light comes on, warning bell, then a minute or so later it goes back to normal.

Quick Reply: Evap system mystery