LR2 Talk about the Land Rover LR2 within.

Heated seats weak

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2017, 09:40 PM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heated seats weak

Hello all. I might as well give some back story on this one. I had the dreaded alternator drive coupler come loose on my lr2. My wife parked it in the garage as she was able to drive it home before the battery drained but she left the key pushed into the ignition and it say for a week and the battery completely drained. Anyway, I ended up replacing the alternator as I had to take the intake off anyway (150000kms) and repaired the loose coupler. Vehicle is back on the road now but both heated seats are very week and I can only reprogram two windows to roll up automatically. The battery light did come on a few times after the alternator was replaced but doesn't now ( I spilled some coolant whole hooking up the engine vent hose). Any reason why both seats are weak?

Old 04-01-2017, 10:10 AM
Winching
Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts

I would try and find out why the alternator light occasionally comes on. Most cars today have a very "smart" power management system and I suspect that if the car thinks the battery is weak or the alternator output is less than desirable, it can actually reduce or disable some features.
We see this a bunch on BMWs. Cars w/ recent battery replacements will come in because certain features won't work and the A/C fan blows at 50%. Registering the battery in the power module restores those functions.
I can't find it in print that the LR2 does the same, but I do know that I have done Batteries in LR2s and when hooked up to the factory diagnostics, there was a "battery replacement" special function.

Its just a guess, hard to say without seeing the vehicle.

The picture below is for a L322 (full size) but the LR2 had similar
LRBattery.jpg

Attached Thumbnails Heated seats weak-lrbattery.jpg  
Old 04-07-2017, 07:45 AM
Drifting
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

what year is your LR2? if it has a battery monitoring system then you will need to have the battery replacement function ran at the dealer. basically what can happen is vehicle will still think that the previous bad battery is in and will limit certain functions to save and distribute power to the more important functions