LR2 Talk about the Land Rover LR2 within.

Looking to buy an LR2 need some help

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2010, 03:00 PM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking to buy an LR2 need some help

I know this is a forum for enthusiasts, but I figured that I would come here to get some value feedback from current Land Rover LR2 owners.

I'm looking to get into a preowned LR2 2008 or 2009. What should I look out for? Should I purchase from a private seller, dealership, or certified Land Rover dealer? What problems have you experienced with your vehicle? General information I should know about the LR2. Would you recommend this vehicle to someone? Any other helpful insight would also be greatly appreciated. How have you enjoyed your experience?

Thanks!

Old 06-18-2010, 09:00 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I’m enjoying my wife’s 08 lr2 HSE.

But coming from BMW and Mercedes I’m having a little trouble getting past the unfinished aspects.
This is the first time I’ve seen rusty exhaust and various items under a car.
MB/BMW are all stainless and aluminum. Same thing with rust on the steering linkage in the car and seat rails.
And a lot of the plastic seems like they will break if you’re not careful.

But I have to say my service has been first class. Every BMW dealer I’ve dealt with was rude and I felt like I was bothering them which is why I sold my M3 for a SLK and my wife’s X3 for the LR2.

The only real problem I’ve had with mine besides this trailer hitch issue which was just a defective part.
Was my cooling fan not coming on the day I brought the car home from the dealer the first day I purchased it. That does suck coming home in a new car and overheating in your driveway.

They cleaned up some contacts and said it was fine but I’m sure I will have to address this problem in the future because nothing is ever that easy.

I don’t have any regrets I’m having a lot of fun with the LR2 and the service is what makes me happy with the purchase because everything breaks from time to time but it’s how you’re treated when you need to have it repaired that makes the difference.