LR2 Talk about the Land Rover LR2 within.

LR2 issues?

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2007, 09:43 PM
8th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: LR2 issues?

Thanks! Sounds like you might have a future collectors item on your hands! The rear sunroof does not open (I guess it would be a moon roof) and the screen is to cut down on sunlight when needed.

Old 07-26-2007, 02:05 PM
2nd Gear

anyone having any issues with the nav/stereo?

I am - this week each time I start the car, it starts with the FM, when I had shut it down I was playing CD or aux(ipod) input. Or during driving it just all the sudden decided to switch over to the FM from CD or Aux.

today, the nav showed no maps on the way to run an errand. One the way back, the nav worked, but the no sound at all would come from the stereo, CD, ipod - during a light I even shut the car off, but it didn't help.

On the way home, again it stared with the FM when I was playing CD, and it flipped over to FM when I had the ipod playing (nav worked ok)after about 10 minutes of driving.

its getting old quick, very quick. I surely expected more from a 3500 system, my Ridgeline never had any stereo issues well no issues come to think of.

I know, don't compare the 2. Still, I hope it either corrects itself or I guess the dealer here in Germany will have to start tinkering. Bad side is- they are 45 minutes away.

Oh, on the way to work, the auto headlights (xenon) stayed on the whole time, with the nice bright sun shining - some electrical bug i got going on

4 weeks and 1200 miles.

ok, thanks for listening

Old 07-27-2007, 10:06 AM
4th Gear

I have 4200 miles on my LR-2 purchased 15 June 2007 . No issues at all except once I fobbed and pushed start in very rapid succession and the car ran very badly and almost stalled. I stopped the car, turned off, removed fob, started the car in normal sequence and it was fine. No off-road miles yet. No software updates.

Old 07-27-2007, 12:06 PM
Drifting

Thanks for the info on the sunroof/moonroof. That makes sense, but the screen issue had me scratching my head.

To the nav/stereo issues. This may sound stupid, but are you parking the car in the sun a lot? I've had two days now where, if the car is parked in the sun where the sun will beat down on the top of the nav/stereo system, I don't get a map when I get the nav going. I called the dealer (with whom we have a great relationship) and he said it could be just because of the heat directly on the nav system (which is housed directly under the dash in the center). He advised parking in a different direction and see if the change would make a difference.

Your problem with the stereo however, sounds like you may have a loose wire/connection or a software problem. I know the dealer is a ways away, but that's a problem I would take back to them. Saying that its a pain would be an understatement - they need to service the problem right away!

Old 07-27-2007, 12:13 PM
2nd Gear

well, honestly, for a 40k (msrp) I shouldn't have to 'protect' it from the sun - its a LR. [>:]

I guess being an early adopter will have its down sides - but still like the car, just have to take it in and see what the deal is. Someone said there was a software update for the system.

Old 07-27-2007, 12:32 PM
Drifting

I don't believe there is a software update for the Nav system. I wrote to Navteq and asked about it about a month ago. They don't have an update listed on their site. In fact, they just listed an update for the RRSC, which we just purchased from them.

The way I look at it is, yes you just bought a luxury SUV. Yes, you just spent $40k or so on it. That doesn't mean that the dashboard won't get hot if you park it in direct sunlight. Stands to reason that, should the sun beat down on metal, that whatever is under the metal might just get hot!

Also, what I failed to say was that it took about 2 minutes for the map to come on that day, sort of like the electronics cooled off, and it hasn't happened again.

Frankly, the issues I've had are minimal. I love this car and call it my Baby Range Rover, because that is exactly how it drives. I get better gas mileage than the RRSC, and even though I've had to wait for the exterior upgrades, it has been well worth the wait!

Old 08-17-2007, 07:44 PM
2nd Gear

Hi all! I just joined the forum tonight to do some research for my sister, who is considering buying an LR2. She also looked at the BMW X3 ($$$!!!) and the Acura RDX [sm=sleeping.gif], just like many other buyers and potential buyers here. I insisted she try out the LR2 since she wasn't ga-ga over the others. Seems to have done the trick - she is picking out color schemes now. She's going whole-hog on the options list, too. Also, there will have to be a roof rack at a minimum, if not the LR ski rack too, because VT skiing is an every-weekend thing with our family.

Anyway, I figured I'd poke around and find out what's going on with this new model. Sounds like it's almost too new to know much, though. The electronic demons sound pretty standard for LR, despite the long-ago move away from Lucas electrical systems. Pretty standard for many new cars, actually, and particularly so for brand-spanking-new models.

I do have a particular question though, general as it may be - is there anything I should know about when pareparing for negotiations? Any little tricks to watch out for, or options to make sure to get now, such as an extended warranty? Anything at all?

Thanks so much!!

Old 08-20-2007, 07:59 PM
8th Gear

Loving my LR2 so far. Have been on 2 road trips and get decent mileage (21 - 26). I have been experiencing that when I drive for long periods - over 4 -6 hours or when in excessive heat, over 100 degrees F, that when I turn off the engine to refuel, it takes about 4 - 6 tries to restart. I have tried turning off the radio, AC, etc before pressing the stop button, and it doesn't help. Is this some kind of vapor lock for safety? I get no indication that the engine is overheating while driving and get no warnings of anything. I just can't always start the engine. I have no probs with radio, Blue tooth, Nav, screens, plugins for accessories ie iPod, etc. Any ideas? Dealer had no clue when I called.

Thanks

Old 08-21-2007, 10:51 AM
Drifting

Thanks to BluzVox for posting this. I just completed a 1500 mile road trip last night late, and this morning, my LR2 would not start. Took seven tries. Twice she turned over then stalled, one she actually started and stalled, and the rest of the time she just cranked.

I left a msg for my service department to see if they could figure it out. They'll have to download the onboard diagnostic computer's data in order to see the problem, but I'm sure it will be there. No other problems on the trip, which included two days of nine hours straight driving.

Old 08-21-2007, 11:45 AM
Drifting

I just spoke with the service manager at my dealer. He has no idea why there would be any sort of vapor lock after traveling a long distance, but he DID tell me that the onboard computer (diagnostics) would tell them exactly what happened and why. I made an appointment so that they can download the info and find out how to prevent it from happening again.

As a note-the roof rails/rack system has just become available for the LR2. I've had mine ordered since the day I placed the order for the car back in November of 2006. The mudflaps are now available also, front and rear, so they'll be going onto the car soon. One note about the roof rack system is that the front cross bar crosses directly over the top of the sunroof above the front seat. I didn't like the looks of it, so its a "no go" for me. Other than that, if it was offered now or in the near future, it was ordered for the car. Just call me a "LR2-glut". lol

Quick Reply: LR2 issues?