LR2 Talk about the Land Rover LR2 within.

Need new tires for LR2

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2011, 12:27 AM
4wd High
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wrapped my LR2 with the Nitto Terra Grappler. Excellent in the snow ( We live in the snow belt of Indiana ). Tread life is really great and the offroad traction is just as great. They are a little louder than the OEM but I can live with that.

Old 11-04-2011, 03:44 PM
1st Gear

How about some pics of your LR2 with the Nittos!! My wife is getting one tomorrow and i'm already looking for some better tires for it.

thanks

drew

Old 11-17-2011, 10:17 AM
1st Gear

I am new guy to LR but had MB ML 350 and Lexus RX before. Used Yokogama Geolandar on both. Very long lasting tire. Thay were also very quiet new, but started making more noize with time, after about 28-30K. Total got close to 55 K in both cases. Driving is mixed 50/50 city hwy. PA-NJ area-tons of potholes.. Good Luck

Old 12-20-2011, 04:33 PM
Drifting
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was a believer in Michelin until my last two sets of tires did not last nearly as long as I thought. After the first set of treads wore horribly, I actually was so surprised that I assumed it was my car, and got it realigned. Replaced tires, same thing happened.

I ended up with Bridgestones are actually loved them. Quiet, seemed to keep tread a long while. I have the Contis on my LR2 but when it's time for replacement, I'll probably go Bridgestone again. Zalalser -- In PA/NJ area, Costco sells Bridgestone tires are really great prices, especially if you buy four at once.

On another note, the BEST tires I think I've ever had were Gislaved tires back when I had a Saab in the '90s. Swedish tires. Not really sure where you can even buy them (they came with the car) but they were absolutely amazing and lasted forever.

Old 01-02-2012, 11:17 AM
8th Gear

Originally Posted by dsauer22
How about some pics of your LR2 with the Nittos!! My wife is getting one tomorrow and i'm already looking for some better tires for it.

thanks

drew
I was thinking about getting these tires, but I have the 19" oem wheels, how do they perform and also road noise?

Old 01-12-2012, 12:43 PM
Three Wheeling
Default Tires

We are on our second set of Kuhmos. We got about 30K miles on the first but they're cheaper than then the Conti

Old 01-13-2012, 12:28 PM
Drifting

Yokohama also makes tires that'll fit the 18-inch wheels on the LR2. I've had good experiences with them in the past as well, and they're a bit cheaper than Contis.

Still, I'm something of a believer in Bridgestone these days after two really great experiences with them on my previous car.

Old 02-04-2012, 09:01 PM
Overlanding
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default I up'd a size tire on my '08 LR2 HSE.

I did some research, took some measurements, talked to my dealership to insure warranty guidelines, and tried on a couple different sizes of tires on my 19" wheels in my 2008 LR2 and came up with this solution:

I've got the 19" wheels and have put P255/60 R19's on mine -- Michelin Latitute Tour. They are both wider and taller. And because they're taller, the sidewall doesn't come any closer to the suspension behind the tire, even though the surface of the tire is wider. I thought I was going to have to install spacers before I fit them, but that turned out not to be the case. The shorter the tire, the more bulge on the sidewall. Inversely, as here, the taller the tire, the less bulge from the sidewall. This is a really nice fit, no spacers needed, no rub. The only thing that's different is that you'll manually have to correct the 6% increase in speed/milage/odometer over what the car's instrument panel will register (you're going faster than what the speedo is saying!) I've had these on there for 18k miles and no complaints! No decrease in mileage (possible increase actually) and the ride is smoother, with a little added clearance, and my rig looking more like a capable SUV and not so much of a car. They're wearing very good too. I'm looking forward to getting more miles out of these than my Continental's. Tires in this size range are cheaper as well.

OH, this tire size calculator was very helpful: http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html . The OEM tire size I upgraded from was 235/55 R19, which wore down in barely 30k miles.

See these pics I snapped the other day:

Need new tires for LR2-2012-02-03_08-49-37_902.jpg

Need new tires for LR2-2012-02-03_08-49-49_305-resize.jpg

Need new tires for LR2-2012-02-03_08-50-14_930.jpg

Let me know if you have any questions or comments.

Old 07-11-2012, 10:26 AM
Mudding
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

WOW!! Those look great! I was looking into the Pirelli Scorpion ATR tires. They are 255/55R19. So are you telling me that they will fit!?!? If so I will be so excited!

Old 07-12-2012, 07:45 AM
Overlanding
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Lazerbrains,
Those would look really nice! However, I put on the 255/60's, that fit; but you're looking at 255/55's, which are shorter and could bulge a little more at the sidewall as I understand it, and could rub. I didn't try that size on my lr2. If i were you, I'd go ahead and try them! But I'd have some spacers on hand in case they rub the suspension. The local tire store here was able to find some spacers (1/4 or 1/8 inch) to have on hand, but I ended up not needing them. If those work, you won't have to adjust your speedometers much, so that will help!
Give them a try and please share what you find! That will be good information for the community.

Quick Reply: Need new tires for LR2