LR2 Talk about the Land Rover LR2 within.

Need new tires for LR2

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2012, 10:31 AM
Mudding
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default I up'd my tire size too...

I just had a set of Cooper Zeon LTZ tires put on my LR2 HSE. They are 255/55R19, up from 235/55R19. They are about 8 tenths of an inch taller than the original Conti tires, and that equates to a 2.9% diameter increase. That means at 70 miles an our my speedo is about 2 mph off. So when it says I am going 70 I am really going about 72. At 30 miles an hour it is only about 1 mph difference. However they do not rub anywhere.

These tires are a cross between a Sport Truck tire, and an All-Terrain tire. All around, I love them! The ride is smooth, and not too loud. It is a little louder than the old (nearly bald) Conti's, and the ride is a little stiffer (more truck like). But the vehicle looks and feels much more capable. I have much more confidence than I did before when tackling rough terrain, and am looking forward to the snow, to test them on that.

All-in-All, I am a happy camper.

Old 01-15-2013, 02:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tires, LR2

I run a repair shop, I use a 255/55R18 for the standard tire, specs the same as the Conti, however wider as used on the porsche SUV.
Try Khumo KR21, have been lasting well.
jdanish PVG

Old 02-24-2013, 05:18 PM
4wd Low

I never did warm up to the Conti's. Replaced them with Nokian WR G2 Sport Utility 235/60/18. They are real animals in the snow and nice on the highway. I'm running them year round. Too early to tell how they will hold up.

Old 02-27-2013, 06:56 PM
Overlanding
Default Option for new tires

I just bought my LR2 a few months back and it came with these tires. They aren't a name brand, but are really smooth and look great. They look wide from the back, so It makes the car look better in my opinion. I have done some snow driving in them (light) and they worked great. Someone in my family had them on a Mercedes ML-350, and they lasted a long time.

here is the link:

Laredo Cross Country Tour | Uniroyal Tire

Old 03-05-2013, 11:55 AM
Overlanding

Just got a set of 255/55/R19 Cooper ZEON LTZ's on my 2008 LR2 HSE. Look awesome and give the truck a more aggressive look. No rubbing in a full turn. I haven't had the chance to take it off road with these yet, but so far they seem to be a great fit. Only about 9km on them so far but will keep you posted.

Got them at treaddepot.com best pricing on these tires also this size is hard to find.

Old 03-05-2013, 11:59 AM
Overlanding

FYI the stock Conti's are a softer compound I believe they are a UTQG 360 AA thats pretty soft plus the LR2s are about 4000lbs, pretty heavy vehicle. Its no wonder they don't last long.

Old 03-05-2013, 01:29 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mikeryan. How do they ride on pavement vs. street tire? Road noise? Thnx

Old 03-06-2013, 11:18 AM
Overlanding

Originally Posted by NENYMA
Mikeryan. How do they ride on pavement vs. street tire? Road noise? Thnx
Hi Nenyma,

So far what I have noticed in comparison to the stock conti's
- minimal road noise increase ( barely noticeable )
- definitely a stiffer ride, more of an off road feel for sure. But still a street tire. This may be because I got the XL tires ( Extra Load )it would explain a stiffer side wall.

I'm actually going on a long road trip this weekend through the mountains. There should be some compact snow and slush sections. I will post next week to let you know how it goes and give a better opinion of the tires.

M.

Old 03-06-2013, 12:15 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thank you!

Old 03-11-2013, 02:32 PM
Overlanding

Well completed my 900 Km road trip with the new Cooper Zeons. I went up into the mountains for some skiing and was on mostly road surface with the exception of a pitted and potholed road up to the Ski Hill. The HWY drive was fine, there was a little bit of Slush and Sandy sections from the winter season maintenance; I thought the tires did very well here, no loss of traction and very minimal road noise. Speeds were up to about 150Km/hr , averaging about 100Km/hr the whole trip. I thought the tires handled excellent in the corners. When on the Ski Hill road, I found it to be pitted, potholed, and have very thick layer of gravel and sand from the snow plows. The tires did pick up a lot of rocks due to the lug pattern but all in all, no loss of traction. Bumps from the potholes were definitely noticeable as the tires have a stiffer wall.

In my opinion, I was impressed with these tires. I liked the fact that they have an aggressive tread but are very suitable for everyday road driving. I think they are as impressive as everyone says and have found no negative issues to report. The service guy who installed them mentioned he liked Coopers as they are well made and always balance well.

Definitely happy!

Quick Reply: Need new tires for LR2