LR2 Talk about the Land Rover LR2 within.

new to Land Rover looking to buy 2010 LR 2

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2014, 09:56 PM
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new to Land Rover looking to buy 2010 LR 2

Hi I hope this is the right place to put this post. I might put it in the LR 2 section as well. As the title says I am looking for a new SUV. I need to replace my volkswagen CC just not big enough with kids. I am just looking for some advice. I found a certified pre owned 2010 LR2 HSE with Bluetooth, Sat, and the climate package. It looks like it is in great shape I am going to look at it tomorrow (right down the st) My question is it has 47k on it. I have not owned that many cars in my lifetime only 35 but I have never bought a car with more than 30k on it. How are the engines on these things? Is that just breaking it in? Since it is certified it comes with the 6 year 100k warranty. I know thats based off in service so I probably have 18-24 months left so that makes me feel a little better Now this will really just be an in town car. My wife drives an acadia which is used for the bigger trips. I also live only 20 miles from work so wont be putting tons of miles on it. Last question pricing. They have it listed at 26k but I was doing some research and KBB for CPO is listing fair market at 23k. Is that accurate? I am a pretty good negotiator. Also I am not under water on my car. They will need to pay off the loan but its in good shape only 28k miles and KBB trade in value was just around what I owe.

Any advice greatly appreciated and I hope I can become a new LR2 owner soon.

Old 08-21-2014, 09:52 PM
3rd Gear

I'm the new owner of a '13 & I did quite a bit of research prior to buying.

A couple things I learned is that:
- earlier years (like a '10) are prone to rear differential failure
- phantom battery drain & hard starting are sometimes issues
- in 2013, a new power train from the Evoque replaced the 6 cyl

So far I am pleased with mine. Had it off road already & it handles itself well. Quiet, if not slightly mushy, on-road characteristics...

Old 08-22-2014, 01:09 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

go cytocit summed it up pretty well. I have a 2010 and I'll start by saying it is my all-time favorite vehicle. I state that while acknowledging as I type this right now that the car is at the dealer for having been dead as a doornail when my wife and I returned from a seven day trip. My second experience with phantom battery drain. We also had to replace the rear differential in 2012 with 26K miles on it. Many people will not have a tolerance for such things but I enjoy the car in so many ways that as long as it doesn't get to be a habit I can live with it. Aside from the problems stated it has been trouble free. Extended warranty is a good thing to have.

Old 09-19-2014, 09:22 AM
Overlanding
Default Used LR2

I just bought my second LR2. My first one is '08 with 106K on it and no significant problem, hence I had no problem buying a second (still have the '08). I traded in a dead '03 RR while 600 miles from home (thank you Nashville Land Rover). I would say the price you listed is a little high as mine was certified with 20K on it - it's a 2011 was stickered at 26,000 and does not have navigation. It also has the Volvo 6 cylinder engine as opposed to the LR four cylinder used in the Evoque. Yes there are reports of rear differential issues in some of the early models, but it is not widespread.