LR2 Talk about the Land Rover LR2 within.

reduced engine performance failure lr2

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2007, 04:28 AM
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default reduced engine performance failure lr2

Goy my lr2 for one week, now i allready had two times the announcement in the lcd "reduced engine performance" car went in limp mode, reset software did not help.
Dealer is busy finding the cause. My lr2 is a td4 with aut gear box.

Old 06-14-2007, 09:21 AM
5th Gear
Default RE: reduced engine performance failure lr2

Where are you located at? has the dealer found the problem yet?

Old 06-14-2007, 12:43 PM
Drifting

I had this happen within the first two days I had the car. I had just completed a four mile trip on a dirt road, thus the dealer concluded that it was a combination of dust and an engine not broken in yet (I had 55 miles on it at the time). Hasn't happened again (knock on wood). Did the dealer download info from the onboard comp?

Old 06-14-2007, 03:49 PM
3rd Gear

@ 07JavaRRSportSC I am located in the Netherlands (Europe)

The story continued, after resetting the software next day i got the same message in the display except the car did not went in limp mode, first time the computer inside the lr2 reported 145 errors variying from switchon steering wheel to turbo pressure etc etc...., next day the computer reported a fault in the comparisson of the pressure between inside and outside of the petrol particle filter in theexhaust system(filter is obligatory in the netherlands), I hope to hear the cause tommorow from the dealer. We had 400 KM the time it happend , we only drove onneat clean paved roads.

keep you posted, i will ask the dealer if this has to do with breaking in for VermontRoverGal

Old 06-25-2007, 12:47 PM
Drifting

Hi! Just checking back in. Albert Frederick, did you hear anything at all from the dealer as to the cause? I'm curious, although I haven't had it happen again. But we're also staying off that dirt road for a while until she's completely broken in.

Old 06-25-2007, 01:54 PM
3rd Gear

@VermontRoverGal

Hi, the dealer confirmed the announcement was caused by the measurement management of the particle filter in the exhaust system, i will spare you the details but it did not happened again, so now we are trouble free for allmost two weeks now.

Went to a landrover experience day in Germany and there a mecanic told me that with the new software settings the failure should not occur again.

Old 07-18-2007, 08:51 PM
Drifting

That's great (and good info to know about the software resets). I'm assuming its still running fine, and no more problems?

Old 12-25-2007, 06:40 AM
4th Gear

VermontRoverGal-
I like that you are a die hard 'rover' gal.
Question? Why would a vehicle built to handle deliberate off roading have problems
with dust or dirt from a back road? There are less legendary vehicles that are not
marketed as off road machines that would not have these problems. What gives?

Old 12-28-2007, 03:23 PM
1st Gear

I have been driving my Lr2 for 2 months.In the last week 3 times my car gave reduced engine performance while driving and motor stopped .It was cold weather.-20 santigrat.Diesel TD4Motor starts without no problem but after driving 5 miles problem starts.My car was taken to service and they changed fuel filter said problem was fixed.Guess what !Today in the morning i started engine and after 5 minutes same message.
They accuse cold weather and low diesel freezing pont.
I live in Turkey and dont know what to do?
What are your suggestions?

Old 11-26-2010, 09:54 AM
7th Gear

I've had my LR2 for 3 years now... turned it on the morning and the car started to shake and shudder... the engine light came on and it said reduced engine performance in the information box. Drove for it for a while, the engine light turned off and the car stopped shaking. Went to the dealer they said they didn't see any errors and they said it may have been low voltage from the car sitting around all night. Yes... the weater has now started to turn colder and I hadn't driven the car a lot lately but it doesn't make sense. The dealer said if the message returns just bring the car in again... here's to hoping for an uneventful winter.

Quick Reply: reduced engine performance failure lr2