LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

05 LR3- No Heat Blowing....?

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2008, 10:54 PM
7th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 05 LR3- No Heat Blowing....?

Please excuse the vague question. I am working 600 miles away from home. I just received a call from my wife. This is the first winter with our 05 LR3. She is telling me that she has her heater turned on full blast, on vent and floor. The thermostat of the heater is turned up. She feels heat but it is barely blowing and when she runs her hand on the floor she can't tell if any is coming out.

Is the LR3s heater weak by nature or does she simply not know how to set it? I can't remember what the heater faceplate looks like so i am no help to here here until i get home. Seems to me that LR would have a decent heat blowerbut she claims that she can barely feel anything. Any ideas??

Old 11-21-2008, 01:05 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: 05 LR3- No Heat Blowing....?

When the heater is blowing full on these it should feel like driving with the windows down on a summer day in Arizona. There could be a faulty blend door motor or a failed coolant thermostat(is the check engine light on?).

Old 11-21-2008, 01:15 AM
Overlanding

tacomatech..... whereabout are you located? am planning to take my FL to lynwood, wa after thanksgiving but to be safe, need to know people who knows best about these vehicles. i live in the silicon valley. just curious if you're location is tacoma, wa.

Old 11-21-2008, 06:42 AM
7th Gear

Yes the check engine light is on. It came on about a month ago and we haven't got it into the dealer yet. Everything looked fine, fluid levels etc and was running fine it seemed, at least until it got cold. I asked her what the engine temp was on the gauge, and she had no idea (never check those things). So after a short discussion on how important that is, she said she will check today, but claims that the air that DOES come out is warm but that there is just next to no air coming out. I guess i will have to wait till i get home and check myself. I was hoping there was a magic button she hadn't pushed or something

Old 11-21-2008, 08:21 AM
Winching
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

The heater in the LR3 will cook you inside if you wanted it to. IF she is using the auto button in comjunction with the heater, the LR3 takes over the vent selection. When the temperature inside the cab is considerably lower than the temp selected, the LR3 will direct the heated air between the floor and the defrost. So if she's checking the heat coming out of the face vents, there will be nothing coming from there until the tempinside the cab reaches close to what you want itto be.Also she should note that to save a little fuel, she should use the ECON button when heat is desired and make sure she turns the temp on BOTH selectors up front , not just the driver's side, because the system will only allow so much difference between them.