LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

06 HSE LR3 water coming inside front floor mats

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2013, 06:28 PM
8th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 06 HSE LR3 water coming inside front floor mats

I have own my LR3 now for about 7 months and 4 days ago there was a thunderstorm that hit the town where i live, i notice that the front floor was really wet somehow water got in my vehicle, ive heard about water drainage and stuff like that where can i find these water drainage thanks..

Old 01-19-2013, 02:12 PM
Winching
Received 40 Likes on 37 Posts
Default passenger side footwell damp

Does anyone know where the ac drain pipes are located underneath the truck? I have warm water on my passenger side floor, I heard that it can be caused by ac pipe blockage. I was told to put a screwdriver up into the drain pipes to clean them out, my problem is that I can't locate them under the truck. Do I need to remove the skid plate to get access to them? Thanks. Sorry to hijack this thread. Any pics??

Old 01-25-2013, 01:55 PM
Winching
Default Found ac drains and easy access to drain

The best way to drain your ac tubes in your LR 3 is from the inside. I just went to the hardware store and got a 3ft long small cable. I placed duct tape at the end so not to snag the tube on the way down. I just fed it through from the top and out the bottom, ac tubes now cleared. You have two, one on either side of the center console. Clear both, because if one's clogged i'm sure the other is on its way. Thanks bbyer for your help.

Old 01-25-2013, 04:12 PM
Super Moderator
Received 83 Likes on 80 Posts

and a TSB for A pillar leak

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
LA501-006 A pillar water leak.pdf (107.6 KB, 1410 views)
Old 01-30-2013, 09:13 PM
Winching
Default Water still in passenger side foot well???

Ok I tested the sunroof drains and they drain fine, the ac drains are unclogged, I vacuumed up the water, seemed to be dry and then after driving around the floor seems damp again, no rain or snow here??? Can there be water still under the floor carpeting that I didn't vacuum up? (There is a pretty big pad under the carpet that can act like a sponge?? Possibly thawing out)The carpet also iced up when the weather was 6 degrees here.

Old 01-31-2013, 02:09 AM
Overlanding
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Water may be pooled under carpet

I had a hose pop off a connection through the firewall near the driver side leg. After I repaired it, I vacuumed the water through the carpet until it was quite dry. The next day it was soaked again. I pulled the carpet up this time and found LOTS of water pooled under the carpet. Once I vacuumed that up, problem solved.

Old 02-04-2013, 01:50 PM
Winching
Default How do you lift carpet..passenger side

Originally Posted by mroorda
I had a hose pop off a connection through the firewall near the driver side leg. After I repaired it, I vacuumed the water through the carpet until it was quite dry. The next day it was soaked again. I pulled the carpet up this time and found LOTS of water pooled under the carpet. Once I vacuumed that up, problem solved.
I think thats the problem I have. I vacuumed up the water and it seemed dry and then a couple days later wet again. No rain, snow etc... I also did the a pillar fix, so its not that.... How did you lift up the carpet? Procedure? Thanks....

Old 02-05-2013, 07:01 PM
Overlanding
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mx468
I think thats the problem I have. I vacuumed up the water and it seemed dry and then a couple days later wet again. No rain, snow etc... I also did the a pillar fix, so its not that.... How did you lift up the carpet? Procedure? Thanks....
Sorry, I don't remember the exact procedure, but I do remember having to remove a few pieces of trim/plastic moulding. Probably the threshold part of the door entry as well as the trim around the seat columns. I think I had to pull it back starting from the front which means you have to double the carpet back and pull from under the pedals. It's not too technical.