LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2005 lr3 no-audio

Old 05-10-2017, 06:49 PM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2005 lr3 no-audio

The radio display is working-no audio.
I checked the fuses-
checked power to amp under seat-
tried hard reboot-
removed amp, opened, heating gun to soder joints-
everything is pointing to failed Harmon Kardon amp.
any other test I can do, to determine if the amp failed?

Old 05-10-2017, 07:40 PM
Winching
Received 29 Likes on 29 Posts

Did you try turning the volume **** to the right?

Sorry... couldn't resist....

Old 05-10-2017, 08:12 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 139 Likes on 110 Posts

I had the same problem a few weeks ago. Turned the car on one day and had no volume and no volume indicator when I tuned the dial. However, the rest of the functions seemed to operate normally.

First thing I did was to check the fuses. All seemed fine, so I moved on to the amp. I was getting an optical signal to the amp (red light was coming through one of the two fibre cables), so at least I knew the cables hadn't been severed. Power was also getting to the amp because I checked w/a multimeter. Couldn't tell much else, so I moved on to the Nav unit. Nav unit was getting power and was taking and ejecting the DVD okay, so I figured it was fine. Moved on to the bluetooth unit in the trunk. When I unplugged the optical cable to the Bluetooth unit, it also had a light coming through one of the cables, so I knew it was getting a signal. Checked power and put it all back together and when I did, bingo... sound! I think it had something to do with the optical cable perhaps not being seated perfectly in the bluetooth module. At any rate, the point is this:

My no audio situation was caused by a bad connection at the bluetooth module. Don't be quick to assume it's the amp just because you don't have sound. Everything has to talk properly to each other or the audio system simply won't play.

Old 05-12-2017, 03:52 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 129 Likes on 118 Posts

It is probably the amp. If you have no volume, another symptom is the nav screen stays stuck on the Land Rover logo.

email or pm Abran. I've gotten an amp from him before and it solved this exact issue.

Old 05-13-2017, 08:18 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 139 Likes on 110 Posts

Originally Posted by DavC
It is probably the amp. If you have no volume, another symptom is the nav screen stays stuck on the Land Rover logo.

email or pm Abran. I've gotten an amp from him before and it solved this exact issue.
This was true of my BT module as well. I think if there is a disconnect anywhere along the MOST fiber line, you'll get no volume and the nav screen stuck on the LR logo. Abran had an amp in stock when I was asking him a few weeks ago, so if you figure out that's what you need, then by all means contact him. Just make sure you troubleshoot first.