LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2006 LR3 V6 major starting issues

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2010, 11:51 AM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2006 LR3 V6 major starting issues

Hope someone in here can help me. I have a 2006 LR3 bought with 28k kilometers that now has 94k and out of warranty.

This has been a very solid great vehicle for me that I absolutely love.

Recently it has strated having issues every couple of days associated with starting. Some days fires right up .....some days it turns over just fine but will not fire. it looks and feels like an electrical problem. I have checked fuel problems and none exist to my knolwedge. The dash does show - 7400 since service which needs to be reset. when I take it in to the local dealer they stated they cannot find the problem.

I am truly at a loss here folks ......HELP

Old 10-19-2010, 07:33 PM
TReK
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

best you can do is leave it at the dealer. we can put equipment on the vehicle to check for fuel pressure and other stuff including codes. But it has to be left at the dealer and checked. its intermittent. Nothing you can do but leave it.

Old 10-29-2010, 05:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question V6 Starting; Dealers don't know the problem...Temporary dealer fix!

Truth is Land Rover themselves do not know what this starting issue is. I also own a V6 LR3 that had/no has again starting issues.

My car was at a Land Rover dealership in Houston, exactly Land Rover Southwest Momentum in June, July, and August and finally December of 2009. In June I admitted my car to LR SW Momentum to have this start issue fixed and it was a nightmare. The Service Advisor at that time was EXTREMELY helpful and understanding, but that was because he came from LEXUS. The service manager at that time was also EXTREMELY helpful and understanding. During my cars June stay at this shop the tech could not find the issue, so I paid an extreme amount for work to have the Body Control Module changed since this is what was thought to be the issue. I rec'd the car back and then the issue begin to occur again. I went to the dealership to look for another car to buy, when I stop in front of the Momentum dealership and shut the car off it would not start again. Momemtum had to take the car back again and then they had a Engineer from overseas come look at it in July or so. He came worked his magic and the Svc Adv called me and said my car was ready. I left the car ran for about a month and then the issue began intermitently again. By this time the Svc Adv (the EXTREMELY helpful one) had passed away (RIP). I begin to work with the other SVC ADV that was there at the time, she was nice, but you can tell she was overworked and under appreciated. She helped me a few times after that and finally in December I had the "last" piece of this puzzle replaced on the car the Crank Shaft Sensor.

NOW THE ISSUE IS BACK...the dealership is not accepting any responsiblity and they are adimit about me JUST LEAVING THE CAR THERE. I AM OUT OF WARRANTY, so the NEW "older, wiser, how cars ran back in my day" service advisor tells me we can't get a car for you, b/c Land Rover doesn't pay for cars with that high mileage. Well if I am leaving my car with you for MONTHS in order for you to figure out the problem HOW DO I GET AROUND? Land Rover in its so called inifinite wisdom has no solutions for a problem it created.

HELP ME WITH THAT MR "LEAVE THE CAR AT THE SHOP?"

Old 10-30-2010, 09:51 AM
TReK
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

land rover may not of created the problem. someone may have created the problem by putting a wire in the wrong place and or a stud and from there it rubs the wrong way and will not start.

Just fixed a problem car that had been left at the dealer since august. only happened randomly on a hill and once it did alternative thinking and diagnosing was needed.

In this case the problem was a starting problem but a lack of communication caused by a a wire rubbing on a stud. It was installed incorrectly and over time it rubbed ever so slightly. If the codes give you a component fault then you can narrow it down. if its nothing but communication faults then you really have to look for that one small wire rubbing the wrong way.