LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

6-disc CD player won't eject, load, or play CDs. Appears to be stuck.

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2011, 12:30 PM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry 6-disc CD player won't eject, load, or play CDs. Appears to be stuck.

I recently took my 2005 LR3 to the Land Rover dealer to have them investigate a battery related issue I've been seeing. After I brought it home, I tried using the CD player and to my surprise, it was stuck on "Loading". I tried hitting eject, eject all, load all, load, and no matter what I do, it just gets stuck and doesn't do anything (I hear no clicking noises like I usually do when I change the CD).

This is a 2005 LR3 with a 6 disc CD changer in it.

I was thinking about disconnecting the battery and reconnecting it to reset the CD player but that sounds like overkill.

Is there anything I can do myself that isn't very difficult to do in the winter or should I just take it back to the Land Rover shop and tell them they screwed up my CD player?

Thanks.

Old 01-29-2011, 12:48 PM
Mudding
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

buy a $2.50 ipod auxillary adapter on amazon.com and never use the cd player again. plugs into the auxillary jack in the center counsel behind the front seats and in front of the rear.

Old 01-29-2011, 06:18 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by twoxred
buy a $2.50 ipod auxillary adapter on amazon.com and never use the cd player again. plugs into the auxillary jack in the center counsel behind the front seats and in front of the rear.
Good point... but I still want my CDs back!

Old 01-31-2011, 08:29 AM
Drifting

I had the same issue when i purchased mine. Had the dealer take it to a stereo repair man and it has worked flawlessly ever since. On mine it turned out to be the internal motor which moves the CDs or something or another.

Old 01-31-2011, 04:28 PM
4th Gear

Same thing happened to our 2008 LR3. The radio is blown. Took back to dealer and they replaced it in 1 day no problem.

Old 02-02-2011, 07:11 AM
Mudding
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Any resolutinon here? Curious.

Old 08-03-2011, 08:05 PM
Overlanding

Same thing happened to mine, dealer replaced it. I asked them to gather cd's out for me, they did, and that's when they found the 40 cents one of my kids put in the cd tray.

Old 08-04-2011, 01:12 AM
Mudding

you need to reset it by disconnecting the battery if still fails. you will need a new unit. they will have to open the unit to remove the cds but the reset should work just fine

Old 08-06-2011, 09:00 AM
TReK
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

if you take it out yourself then remember you need eye glass screwdrivers to take out all the screws to get the mechanism apart. It took about two hours to get it out and apart.

Hopefully everything else works when you are done.

Old 09-27-2011, 08:53 PM
7th Gear

2007 LR3... I got the horrible "CD Error Press Eject" message on my screen. Made the mistake of actually taking out the CD when it ejected. Lesson learned - I used a small screwdriver and opened the door inside the CD opening and re-inserted the CD. From that point on, I do get the occasional "CD Error" message, but I don't remove the CD from the player. It seems to be working, although it is a minor inconvenience from time-to-time. Main lesson here is - Don't pull out the CD when it must eject. Leave it in place. The player will pull it back in.

I realize it's kinda crazy, but it's working... Hope this helps!

Quick Reply: 6-disc CD player won't eject, load, or play CDs. Appears to be stuck.