LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AB Coil Spring Conversion - 4x4 screen says "Raising"

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2017, 12:32 PM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AB Coil Spring Conversion - 4x4 screen says "Raising"

Bought my LR3 2 weeks ago and still trying to get my head wrapped around all of the inner workings.
It already had installed the AB coil spring conversion (standard, not 2" EMU lift coils), along w/ the hard wired module that suppresses the suspension faults/warnings.
I've noticed that when I crank it and have it in Park, the 4x4 info screen on the nav unit says "Standard". However, as soon as I put it in Drive and start driving, it says "Raising". It stays that way the whole time I'm driving until I park and shut the motor off.
Don't have any warning lights on dash or any suspension faults.
Any advice/info would be greatly appreciated!
05 HSE 4.4L

Old 07-12-2017, 05:35 PM
Super Moderator
Received 1,465 Likes on 1,196 Posts

I took a quick look at the listing on their site and it says it clears most lights perhaps that is the part it doesn't address. Did you attempt to reprogram a second time?

Hopefully AB will be along to offer some assistance.

Love the air suspension on mine, how does the ride compare with the coil overs?

Old 07-12-2017, 08:53 PM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I reflashed it just to make sure, but I believe it only clears the instrument lights and fault warnings. I think the assumption is the coil spring conversion leaves it at the standard ride height so the sensors think it is normal. However, when parked beside another LR3 w/ air suspension set to standard height and the same size tires, mine seems to be just a tad lower (no more than an inch, maybe less). So I'm wondering if the height sensors are triggering a phantom "raising" message to the computer. I plan on calling AB about this, just haven't had time to during the day because of work.

Having said that, the ride is very comfortable. I test drove a few other LR3's, all of which had the air suspension, and I would say it rides just as good if not better. Although the coil suspension was not the main reason I chose mine over the other ones I looked at, I definitely considered it a "pro" and not a "con".

I'm still in the girlfriend, not wife, phase with my LR3. If I decide to make it a long-term relationship, I'll probably look at replacing the springs w/ the 2" Old man emu springs.

Old 07-17-2017, 07:51 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I went with the +2 HD OME spring conversion from AB as well. I have only done the flash and not the wire in so yes my center screen still says raising. I posted in this group regarding doing the swop.

I have now had it off road, mud, water, steep rocky hill climbs, side slopes and some blood scary rocky descents and I cannot say that I missed the EAS.

On road has been fantastic. Even fully loaded for camping there was not rocking or top heavy feeling when going round high speed corners. I would not hesitate to goto coils if you are wanting trouble free riding

The following users liked this post:
KMET (07-19-2017)