LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Adding Android Auto/Carplay with Navigation, voice command, etc to 2006 LR3

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2020, 11:42 AM
Mudding
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by JoeManley
I have to report that at almost exactly the year mark the unit failed. I was using android auto with the Waze and Podcast app running when I unplugged my phone to take a photo of a roadside sign, when I plugged it back in it would not connect. Support was extremely difficult to contact. I tried chat multiple times, left chat messages, emailed numerous times and got no reply for weeks. I finally commented on a YouTube installation video and got a reply. They helped me trace it down to the dongle which is, of course, not under warranty. I ordered another one from Amazon and will see if that works. I really can't recommend the unit anymore. This was installed on a third vehicle that is rarely used and it broke within a years time. Support is almost impossible to contact, I asked a few questions during install and got no reply as well as my recent problems. I asked for the reset code, was provided with an incorrect one, and so far got no reply after asking again a few times. I liked it when it worked, there are a few things that bother me. There is a radio icon on the home screen that is useless and cant be removed, I can't download apps from the app store such as Waze to use on the unit itself, I'm locked out of developer options and unit resets because of the incorrect code. The unit just seems not well thought out.
Disappointed to read it's failed. It looked great and it was on a project list.

I've been looking at ways to update the navigation. I think I am going to with a mini iPad. Seems to fit nicely in front of the standard navigation, I can remove and still use the off-road features on the original. Anyone else done something similar? I did get the final disk update for maps but these are starting to age now.

Old 07-31-2020, 07:40 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 226 Likes on 199 Posts

Originally Posted by rich.cash
Disappointed to read it's failed. It looked great and it was on a project list.

I've been looking at ways to update the navigation. I think I am going to with a mini iPad. Seems to fit nicely in front of the standard navigation, I can remove and still use the off-road features on the original. Anyone else done something similar? I did get the final disk update for maps but these are starting to age now.
I was using a Nexus 7" tablet before my android install, i still use it for offroad mapping.I made a crude bracket from aluminium that held it in the dash opening but now have a 2nd screen fitted there instead.