LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Air Suspension problem DTC C1A13-64

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2020, 01:27 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That sounds like there might be an issue with your rear valve block and/or your exhaust valve or port on the compressor. The front is much higher pressure than the rear most of the time. When you deflate it opens both valves to vent to gallery. If the front connects to the rear the tail goes up and the front goes down. If the rear cannot vent properly the computer senses that it isn't descending with the valve open so thinks it is stuck on an obstacle.

You can rebuild the center valve block, or take it apart and make sure it is working properly, make sure the exhaust tube isn't pinched before buying a new compressor. If it were me I'd check the center valves first.

Old 10-23-2020, 01:47 PM
Drifting
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Where is the center valve block? Is it by the compressor?

Old 10-23-2020, 04:03 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm attaching two images for location reference:

Compressor / Valve Location

Air suspension reference
The Valve is #15

Last edited by Flyun; 10-23-2020 at 04:04 PM. Reason: Adding clarity
Old 02-17-2021, 12:15 PM
Drifting

YOU WON'T BELIEVE WHAT FIXED THE AIR SUSPENISON!!!!!! YES, THAT'S RIGHT, FOR THE LONGEST TIME I FINALLY FIXED IT!! SO LET ME EXPLAIN WHAT I DID TO FIX THIS ANNOYING *** AIR SUSPENISON LIGHT THAT KEEPS COMING ON AND GOING DING DONG DING DING AND DONG CRAP.

I BOUGHT A USED HITCHAI COMPRESSOR.... IT DID NOT FIXED IT..IT KEPT GOING EXTENDED MODE THEN GOES INTO NORMAL HEIGHT WHEN GOING ON HIGHWAY SPEED OR GOING OVER 35 MPH. EVERY NOW AND THEN THE VEHICLE WILL GOES INTO EXTEND MODE...A WTF THING....ANYWAY. I REPLACED FRONT VALVE BLOCK AND CENTER VALVE BLOCK, GUESS WHAT NO LUCK. I BOUGHT A REBUILT KIT FOR HITCHA AIR COMPRESSOR, AND MESSED UP, IT MADE IT WORSE. THE VEHICLE WENT INTO NORMAL HEIGHT ONLY, AND THREW A SUSPENSION CODES AND IT WOULDN'T LOWER OR RISE... I WAS HEATED!! SO I HAD TO PUT MY OLD COMPRESSOR BACK ON WHICH IS AMK COMPRESSOR. THE LIGHT NEVER CAME BACK UNTIL 4 DAYS LATER... I KEPT THINKING, THERE MUST BE SOMETHING INSIDE THE AMK COMPRESSOR NOT ALLOWING THE AIR TO VENT OR THE PRESSURE NOT TO VENT. THERE HAS TO BE SOME KIND OF VALVE THAT CONTROLS THE PRESSURE. SO FOR THE WHOLE WEEK I KEPT RESEARCHING ABOUT THE AMK COMPRESSOR. I RAN INTO ANOTHER LAND ROVER FORUMS WEBSITE, AND FOUND OUT THAT THE AMK COMPRESSOR HAS A SOLENOID VALVE CAUSE C1A13-64 CODE TO SET. I ORDERED IT AND REPLACED THE AMK COMPRESSOR SOLENOID VALVE AND FIXED IT. THE LIGHT NEVER CAME BACK ON AND THE SUSPENSION WORKS AT 100%.

IF YOU HAVE A AMK COMPRESSOR THROWING C1A13-64 CODE, REPLACE THE AIR COMPRESSOR SOLENOID VALVE. I HOPE THIS WILL HELP SAVE SOMEONE A HEADACHE IF ANYONE RUN INTO THIS PROBLEM!!

Click image to open expanded view

AIR COMPRESSOR SOLENOID VALVE LR3 LR4 RANGE SPORT LR075760 OEM

Brand: Miami British Brand: Miami British
Price: 38.11

The following users liked this post:
Flyun (02-17-2021)
Old 02-17-2021, 04:21 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts

Firstly, well done on the fix. When in forums, using uppercase and bold is like shouting at members. If you replace an AMK with a Hitachi then the CCF would need modifying putting the AMK back makes it work with the current CCF file.

The following users liked this post:
Flyun (02-17-2021)
Old 02-18-2021, 12:40 PM
Drifting

Sorry buddy, I was very excited to tell everyone about this, but thanks for letting me know... I wouldn't have known that if had the old or new files on the EAS module, that's why I got Hitachi compressor to try it out. so yeah im glad its fix now.

Next thing i need to do is fix this weird clunking sounds when going on low speed or when I'm in traffic just slightly hitting the gas, it makes a clunking sound. I have found the rear drive shaft center bearing rubber piece is gone. I'm going to replace that next week hopefully that goes away.

Old 02-18-2021, 09:24 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 720 Likes on 605 Posts

Correct on the software, depending on compressor install the car must be configured OR the compressor will present the issues you had. Does not matter if the vehicles has the lasses software, is a configuration change. At least it working! As for the drive shaft, I replaced my entire unit. Replacing the center bearing is doable, they sell em, but the shaft is not meant to be serviceable that way so its kinda difficult.

Old 07-26-2023, 04:03 AM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In my case with this error, the filter on the housing was clogged