LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ambient Temperature Sensor Problem

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2007, 08:56 AM
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ambient Temperature Sensor Problem

ryon
Hello Everyone:

My wife and I are new to Land Rovers and new to the forum as well. Your help in diagnosing our ambient temperature sensor problem would be greatly appreciated.

My wife and I have recently purchased a pre owned (Landrover dealer sale) 2005 LR3 for use in her business. We took the vehicle in to get minor issues worked on (CD player not working, new unit installed) when I noticed as we pulled away from the delaership that the ambient temperature went down to -49 degrees. We immediately took it back to the dealer (due to alignment problem that was not addressed). On the first day that we had the vehicle I also noticed that there was a low coolant warning on the dash that showed up only once.

Back at the dealership they could not locate the ambient temperature sensor that was supposed to be on the grill area near where the radiator is located. They seem to be at a loss. Does anyone know where the ambient temperature sensor is located? Is it a waste of time to only replace the ambient temperature sensor?

I read in another post that another member replaced the coolant reservoir and that fixed the problem. Is replacement of the coolant reservoir the true fix to the problem? I just hope that I do not have to make alot of trips to the dealer when all that needs to be done is for the coolant reservoir to be replaced. In the end we just want our truck back. They have had it since last Thursday.

Your coments are greatly appreciated.

Thank You!
Michael

[/align]e:

My wife and I are new to Land Rovers and new to the forum as well. Your help in diagnosing our ambient temperature sensor problem would be greatly appreciated.

My wife and I have recently purchased a pre owned (Landrover dealer sale) 2005 LR3 for use in her business. We took the vehicle in to get minor issues worked on (CD player not working, new unit installed) when I noticed as we pulled away from the delaership that the ambient temperature went down to -49 degrees. We immediately took it back to the dealer (due to another problem that was not addressed). On the first day that we had the vehicle I also noticed that there was a low coolant warning on the dash that showed up only once.

Back at the dealership they could not locate the ambient temperature sensor that was supposed to be on the grill area near where the radiator is located. They seem to be at a loss. Does anyone know where the ambient temperature sensor is located? Is it a waste of time to only replace the ambient temperature sensor?

I read in another post that another member replaced the collant reservoir and that fixed the problem. Is replacement of the coolant reservoir the true fix to the problem? I just hope that I do not have to make alot of trips to the dealer when all that needs to be done is for the coolant reservoir to be replaced. In the end we just want our truck back. They have had it since last Thursd
Hello Everyone:

My wife and I have recently purchased a pre owned (Landrover dealer sale) 2005 LR3 for use in her business. We took the vehicle in to get minor issues worked on (CD player not working, new unit installed) when I noticed as we pulled away from the delaership that the ambient temperature went down to -49 degrees. We immediately took it back to the dealer (due to another problem that was not addressed). On the first day that we had the vehicle I also noticed that there was a low coolant warning on the dash that showed up only once.

I read in another post that another member replaced the collant reservoir and that fixed the problem. Is replacement of the coolant reservoir the true fix to the problem? I just hope that I do not have to make alot of trips to the dealer when all that needs to be done is for the coolant reservoir to be replaced. In the end we just want our truck back. They have had it since last Thursday.

Your coments are greatly appreciated.

Thank You!
Michael