LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Attach Cell phone to audio system

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2008, 09:19 PM
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Attach Cell phone to audio system

New owner to a 2005 LR3 SHE with the Harmen Cardan stereo.

How do I link a cell phone to the system?, there is a button that says "no phone attached when you push it.

Nothing in the manual at all.

Thanks,

Ed

Old 09-22-2008, 12:01 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Attach Cell phone to audio system

Using your cell phone, probably under settings, find the bluetooth menu. Turn your bluetooth on then select add new device. Select
"yes" when your phone asks if you would like to search for a device. Your vehicle should be on or running with the stereo on as well.
When your phone is done searching for devices, you should see "LAND ROVER" on the list of devices found on your phone. Select
"LAND ROVER" and select "yes" when it asks if you would like to pair with the device. The pass code is "2121". Make sure your LR3 is
bluetooth equipped though, you can tell by looking at the right side of the steering wheel for the green and red phone switches.

-Kyle

The following users liked this post:
Stepho (10-18-2021)
Old 09-22-2008, 02:00 PM
Overlanding

Yup!

Old 09-25-2008, 02:19 PM
4wd Low

my 05 LR3 does not have the phone buttons on the steering wheel but does have the phone symbol on the radio controls. And when i try to get my phone to connect it doesnt find the LR. If you have to have the steering wheel controls, then I guess mine doesnt have BT technology????

Also I have a new steering wheel on order from the dealer to replace the factory one, any chance that the BT option is standard on the replacement steering wheel?

Old 09-29-2008, 09:34 PM
Rock Crawling

If you don't have the steering wheel switches, then your vehicle does not have bluetooth capabilty. All of the head units have the "phone" button, but not all have the phone module and the switches. You can have a Land Rover bluetooth kit added at the dealer.
It takes about half a day to install. Check with your dealer to find out pricing, I can't remember off the top of my head how much we
charge at ours.

-Kyle

Old 10-09-2008, 07:15 PM
Overlanding

Not sure if this thread is dead but I bought my LR3 '05 brand new. It did not come with blue tooth at the time. They did not start until the '06 model if i remember correctly. I was told that I could add it later. I spoke to the service dept and parts and they do not event want to install it. I called another dealership and they told me to go third party. It involves too much and the chances of it working can be hit or miss. I live in the dc area and was told that by two separate dealerships.

Old 10-09-2008, 09:29 PM
Rock Crawling

It is a six hour install and those dealerships are just being whiny. We have installed numerous bluetooth kits at our dealership and seldom have problems with them. We have more issues with the stock setup it seems than with the add-on kit.

Old 10-10-2008, 12:03 AM
Drifting

We've had our '06 LR3 HSE for about a month now and I have paired my phone several times only to have it 'forget' the pairing some time later. Is this common? It's kind of annoying. Any ideas?

Old 10-10-2008, 05:12 PM
Overlanding

Tacomatech-

Can you explain the difference between the stock set up and the add on? I would like to add the factory blue tooth than go through a third party add on. Also, Is is possible to add satellite radio factory to an '05 ?

Old 10-10-2008, 11:04 PM
Rock Crawling

The add on is a dealer accessory. It essentially the same as the stock setup, but the dealer will not be able to check faults in or perform software downloads to the phone module, which means that if the system fails, it is a little harder to diagnose. Other than that, there is a whole lot of difference. As far as the satellite radio part, I'm not sure about. I haven't heard of that being possible, so I doubt you can, but I might be wrong. The forgetting your phone thing I have not seen before either, you will have to go to the dealer to get that figured out. Let me know what they find if you could please.

Quick Reply: Attach Cell phone to audio system