LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Attach Cell phone to audio system

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2017, 01:31 AM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jft1428
We've had our '06 LR3 HSE for about a month now and I have paired my phone several times only to have it 'forget' the pairing some time later. Is this common? It's kind of annoying. Any ideas?

I've had my 06 LR3 HSE since November 2006. About 2 years ago, the Phone Module stopped automatic hook up to bluetooth. Every time I get into the vehicle, I have to manually hook up. A real pain in the butt. I just got a used bluetooth module on Ebay. Can I install it or do I need dealer Tech? The dealer wants $900 for new module plus labor.

Old 08-14-2017, 06:09 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 139 Likes on 110 Posts

Originally Posted by Arizonadick
I've had my 06 LR3 HSE since November 2006. About 2 years ago, the Phone Module stopped automatic hook up to bluetooth. Every time I get into the vehicle, I have to manually hook up. A real pain in the butt. I just got a used bluetooth module on Ebay. Can I install it or do I need dealer Tech? The dealer wants $900 for new module plus labor.
Son of a gun! I've been trying to unload a used Bluetooth module that's been updated with the newest software for years! I would have given you a sweet deal. Lol.

As long as you had the factory bluetooth module (i.e. you pair new devices with the 2121 code), then the swap should be quick and easy. You just need to remove the passenger side (on a LHD vehicle) plastic moulding in the loadspace and you'll see the old bluetooth module. There are two connectors. A large, legacy type connector with a bunch of wires and a small fiber optic connector with two optical cables. There's no magic to it, just swap the units.

Now, if you pair your phone with a different code (like 0000), then you have a dealer installed bluetooth option and it might be a lot more difficult.

Old 04-22-2019, 10:43 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do you have a diagram or video of how to remove the trim panel?

Old 04-22-2019, 11:46 AM
Camel Trophy
Received 714 Likes on 601 Posts

From the rear passenger door, remove the seat belt bolt. Above that and back a little, remove a plastic cover (it has a thin leash and will hang there). Under that cap is a Phillips screw. Large head. Remove it and set aside. Pull up some of the rocker panel covering at the door edge. Pull back the door seal where needed.

In the cargo area. Remove the two cargo tie-downs along the floor. Really, you only have to do the rear though but removing both helps a little more. Disconnect the lower tailgate cable. It will not go to far in, so you can simply let it recoil. Do not sit on the bench with the cable removed unless the lower gate is supported, you can thrown the alignment off. Pull back the rear seal as needed. Now its just a matter of putting it hard enough to pop it off. At the rear door there are two points you may have to pry from behind.

Its really easy once you figure it out.

Old 04-24-2019, 05:01 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 37 Likes on 32 Posts

Owned my 06 HSE since new, those of you wishing you had bluetooth aren't missing much. The sound quality isn't on par with anything new, and the most annoying gripe is that it will immediately switch to the Rover Bluetooth the second you hit the unlock button on the remote. So in the middle of an important conference call while walking to the car and unlock the doors? Have fun. No phonebook or music, so again, you might be better off with another option via the aux. I believe someone built a better setup that has been mentioned here.

Walk out and unlock the doors, but walk back into the house? That upsets the system as well when you actually get back into the car, and you will have to manually connect your phone. 2006 technology so I'm not at all faulting Land Rover, just something to keep in mind for those thinking its something it isn't.

Last edited by COSPILOT; 04-24-2019 at 05:05 PM.