LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

auto lights

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2015, 10:55 AM
Super Moderator
Received 226 Likes on 196 Posts
Default auto lights

Anyone figure out how to add auto lights? I swapped in the switch but seems more involved since they still do not work

Old 02-16-2015, 11:43 AM
Super Moderator
Received 95 Likes on 90 Posts

Do you have a relay in the spot for the autolights?

Attached Thumbnails auto lights-autolights-relay.jpg  
Old 02-16-2015, 12:26 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 139 Likes on 110 Posts

Do you know if there is anything in the CCF that you need to enable?

Old 02-16-2015, 12:31 PM
Super Moderator

I don't see anything, but I've overlooked stuff before. This is what is in the lighting options (some may not apply, because the CCF is for a lot of other vehicles too, Ford, Volvo, etc)

Attached Thumbnails auto lights-lighting.jpg  
Old 02-16-2015, 12:48 PM
Super Moderator

ok that fuse is located behind the glove box, where is the relay located?

Old 02-16-2015, 02:11 PM
Overlanding
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I just bought a 2006 SE without auto lights and was looking into this, according to this post it wont work:
https://landroverforums.com/forum/lr...-switch-61303/

Old 02-16-2015, 02:17 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 139 Likes on 110 Posts

It shows it as being in the "Central Junction Box", which I can only assume is the fuse box behind the glove box. I believe the one under the hood is the "Battery Junction Box".

Old 02-16-2015, 02:37 PM
Super Moderator

the fuse box is the one under the dash, just don't see the relays, only difference on the plug part of the switch is there is an additional pinout coming off the switch

I needed to swap the switch anyhow since I am gonna add the bumper driving/fogs in the spring

it must all be hooked in with my non working front seat heaters

Old 02-16-2015, 03:10 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Greg9504
I just bought a 2006 SE without auto lights and was looking into this, according to this post it wont work:
https://landroverforums.com/forum/lr...-switch-61303/
Looks like that's a true story:

AUTOMATIC HEADLAMP OPERATION

The automatic headlamp function is a driver assistance system. The driver can override the system operation by selection of side lamp or headlamp on if the ambient light conditions require front and rear lighting to be active. The automatic headlamp system uses a light sensor and the CJB, which are connected via the LIN bus to control the headlamp functionality.

A light sensor is incorporated in the rain/light sensor located on the inside of the windshield, below the rear view mirror.
The wiper system also uses the rain/light sensor for automatic wiper operation. For additional information, refer to Wipers and Washers (501-16 Wipers and Washers)
The light sensor measures the ambient light around the vehicle in a vertical direction and also the angular light level from the front of the vehicle. The rain/light sensor uses vehicle speed signals, wiper switch position and the park position of the front wipers to control the system.

The automatic headlamp operation uses ambient light levels which are monitored by photodiode incorporated in the rain/light sensor. The rain/light sensor sends a lights on/off request to the CJB on the LIN bus, which responds by switching on the low beam headlamps, front side lamps and rear tail lamps.

The automatic headlamps are activated under the following conditions:
* Twilight
* Darkness
* Rain
* Snow
* Tunnels
* Underground or multistoried car parks.

Operation of the automatic headlamps requires the ignition switch to be in position II, the lighting control switch to be in the 'AUTO' position and a lights on request signal from the light sensor.

Old 02-16-2015, 03:55 PM
Super Moderator

You know, I have a feeling there's no sensor in the glass , instead its part of the mirror, my 06 hse has the auto dim and the mounts are completely different, not even on the same spot on the glass

So basicly if I got a heated windshield installed for an hse, in theory this all plugs in and works?

I will look for that fuse when wife gets home but I am sure its there, like all the other fuses for stuff we don't have

Quick Reply: auto lights