LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Aux Port Noise

Old 01-11-2006, 12:14 AM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aux Port Noise

I have many issues with my new LR3 5 weeks old, tooooo long to list them all so I will be selective, moved from an Mercedes ML500 2006 (2 months old) that caught fire offroading lol.

AUX port engine noise, anyone know how to solve this????? Land Rover told me this is not a problem it must be my iPOD, what a joke, as i have seen my other on forums complaining about the same issue. JUST WANT TO KNOW HOW TO FIX IT as LR will not assist.......

DVD playback thru the upgraded audio system SUX

Bad paint work on entire car, anyone noticed this? CHECK EVERY INCH OF YOUR CAR IF YOU INTEND TO PURCHASE ONE

Old 01-12-2006, 12:45 AM
Winching
Default RE: Aux Port Noise

AUX port engine noise

What does that mean ?

Old 01-16-2006, 12:01 AM
Drifting

My parents have an ipod mini they hook up to the auxiliary port and it seems to work fine. I wish I could help you with that. Did you try turning the ipod volume up and the car system volume down and vice versa? They don't have the DVD system, but I know they're paint seems quite good to me.

Old 02-07-2006, 01:10 AM
4wd Low

I hooked up mine and it works fine, I think some wires are crossed over in yur aux port, also did u try new aux cable, probably a high end audio cable and if there's still noise then force LR to install a new aux port. GOOD LUCK

Old 02-14-2006, 06:17 PM
8th Gear

I have a Monster stereo mini plug wire from my Nano to my AUX input (2005 LR3 SE) and I have great sound... albeit a little quieter than from wother sources like CD and Radio. I'm guessing that this is an issue of the impedence matching on that port.

Cable for iPod

Old 02-23-2006, 09:54 PM
3rd Gear

If you are talking about AUX port active but no device connected and you get a humming noise.
Yes - I have a service call open its loose connection (typicall bad ground)

Old 12-02-2008, 11:05 PM
4wd High

Thanks, I just ran into the same issue. I'll have to take it in for service. It gets very annoying.

Old 12-03-2008, 02:20 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Does the noise increase as the engine accelerates?

Old 12-03-2008, 11:06 AM
4wd High

No, it's pretty consistent throughout. Just spoke to my local LR service guy and I'll be dropping it off this afternoon. I'll keep you guys posted.

Old 12-08-2008, 03:54 PM
8th Gear

See if the noise is there when the iPod is running off its internal battery, or just when it is hooked up to your auto power adapter.

I used to have a Griffin (maybe it was Belkin) iPod car adapter and everything worked fine.

When I got an iPhone 3G the old adapter was not compatible, so I bought a Kensington power adapter. Since I bought that, I get annoying engine noise all the time.

So in my case, the Kesington power supply is not well filtered.

There are threads on other forums about this, though, and some dealers have corrected the issue by installing a new ground wire. There is apparently an upgrade to a thicker cable. I'm not sure if this is a ground for the aux jack or the power outlet next to the jack. FWIW.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Aux Port Noise