LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Battery terminal causing faults ?

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2013, 01:28 PM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Bruce what's your number ?

Old 01-06-2019, 04:16 PM
Overlanding
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My lr3 has dropped completely and suspension will not raise,and light with arrows is staying on saying suspension fault, what do i do??

Old 01-06-2019, 04:46 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 144 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by Coop05
My lr3 has dropped completely and suspension will not raise,and light with arrows is staying on saying suspension fault, what do i do??
You generally are best to tell us all a bit more; the suspension dropping etc is rather normal and nothing much to get excited about - a real nuisance however, and a bit of a showstopper the first time.

Do you have the NAV display? If so, there is a 4x4 screen in there that you can use as a air suspension diagnostic aid to see what the wheel height signals are showing, or not.

I assume your engine still starts, the alternator makes electricity - headlights, radio work etc - that all is relevant. Are there any air compressor noises or just silent? There could be nothing wrong with the small stuff, and you just have a dead air compressor, or more likely, a failed relay.

It took me years to compile below as I had for the most part to suffer thru the failures so I would think it should take you a good week or so to go thru below and understand same. The unfortunate reality is in order to fix the problem, (usually easy), you have to find the problem, (usually not so easy).

If there is any good news, fixing the problem is often not too expensive; finding it can take forever and if you have to pay someone, very expensive.
In order to find the the problem, you have to understand the system - the hard part.

There are files below that have block drawings of the air system - that is a good place to start.
You have to determine if the problem is simply mechanical, some part, etc, or electrical, such as a connector or conductor.
The odds are it will not be any printed circuit board - it will be much harder - a loose, broken or corroded wire covered in mud - somewhere!

As such, you will be happy if you just need a new air compressor - that is merely time and money.

A corroded wire costs nothing to fix and takes forever to find.

Below will take you at least a week to go thru; take your time and enjoy it - you have a Land Rover now - making Mechanics out of Drivers; that is the reality.
A Land Rover is not a Jeep - keeping the Worlds Best 4x4 running is not for the faint of heart; also it is closer to a mobile computer masquerading as a 4x4 than a mudder.

https://www.disco3.co.uk/gallery/thu...php?album=3802
https://www.disco3.co.uk/gallery/thu...php?album=3778
https://www.disco3.co.uk/gallery/thu...php?album=4138

Below is what I would call the main link to all of above plus files and solutions on other problems you will eventually have.
https://www.disco3.co.uk/gallery/index.php?cat=15405

Old 01-06-2019, 04:53 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 715 Likes on 601 Posts

Coop05 - One thread will be fine. You dont need to ask in multiple threads/other peoples threads.