General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Random Air Suspension fault light?

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2011, 06:27 PM
Overlanding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Random Air Suspension fault light?

Hi guys!

I'm fairly new to Land Rover and last year I bought an 05 LR3 with about 70k miles. Been issue free for the longest time(last time I had issues I switched the battery out and all was well) Now however, I have an Air Suspension light which just randomly will come on tell me I have a fault, terrain response unavailable etc. I don't believe anything is broken, or even leaking because 70-80% of the time it works fine and inflates as normal, air compressor shuts off and it stays at the selected ride height. The bags look good to me, but the air compressor is starting to sound fairly weak, could this be my issue?(if it is, let me know where I can get a cheap compressor from, looks like easy enough to install it! )

I also have the ABS, BRAKES and traction control light one, but if I am reading correctly this means to change my brake pads?(starting to feel weak breaking, so this is what I assume)

The amber PARK BREAK light is on too, it has flashed both red and amber before at random times while driving and it would go away when it pleases...

I have also had ENGINE SYSTEM FAULT and TRANSMISSION SYSTEM FAULT show up randomly too.

Any [B]helpful[B] suggestions would be appreciated! Dealer is a good two hour drive away so I hope it's nothing major.

Old 06-05-2011, 05:09 PM
TReK
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

no only the message check brake pads mean look at your brakes. Everything else is related to the same message. First have the battery tested. if it tests ok then the most important thing to diagnose the vehicle without the proper equipment is to read the vehicle and see what it is telling you. For example air suspension light wont come on first but you might get a transmission fault first. Next time it happens record what message comes first and afterwards. The message that appears first will tell you what the vehicle is trying to tell you. This isn't exact science but without the proper equipment that only a dealer or a very strong independant has then you won't get anywhere. Trust me I diagnosed one last week without the proper equipment and thats only because I know these vehicles backwards and forwards. But that was only if something went wrong with what I am aware of. internal faults can't be fixed without the proper equipment.