LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

bought my first LR today

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2009, 11:40 PM
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bought my first LR today

Hello to everyone, I am the proud owner of an 06 LR3 SE. This is my first Land Rover but my father, whom I do not live with, has owned several Range Rovers. Although I have only had the car for a few hours I absolutely love it. The car does have 57k miles but since I do not drive my cars very much that did not concern me too much. However, I do have a few questions:

1) Ipod. I REALLY want to find a way to connect my ipod to an aux port. I have the SE and could not manage to find the AUX connection many people have talked about at the back of the center console in between the two front seats facing the rear seats. Is this only available on the HSE? It is dark out so I will look again in the morning. However if I do not have one there, how else can I add something that will allow me to play my ipod. Controlling my ipod from the ipod is perfectly fine and I dont need it to be charged or anything else. I also do not want to spend $400 to buy the LR kit that others have mentioned. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

2) Warranty. Obviously my car is not covered under the manufacturers warranty anymore and is not eligible for a LR extended warranty due to the high mileage. Are there any other sources of warranties that are actually worth their cost and cover things like the air suspension or expensive electronics. I'm anticipating that my LR will eventually have problems but I plan to have it looked over buy a private mechanic whom I trust greatly and always has a few LR's in his shop; I will also have him maintain it to try and prevent any problems.

3) Anything else I should know please let me know. I hope to be active on these forums and learn a lot about my LR so that I can fully enjoy my vehicle. I apologize for any spelling, grammar, or clarity problems, I've had a long day of car shopping

Old 06-29-2009, 08:13 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default welcome

welcome to the club-

you will find the aux port on the backside of the console; you might have to flip up the cover to show the cigarette lighter and the aux port beside it, it is above the cup holders that pull out from the bottom.

not sure about other warranties other than what is available from land rover.

good luck-

Old 06-30-2009, 07:47 AM
Winching
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just welcome and get it out on the trail ASAP so you can truly enjoy what you now have.

Old 06-30-2009, 07:12 PM
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by bribake
welcome to the club-

you will find the aux port on the backside of the console; you might have to flip up the cover to show the cigarette lighter and the aux port beside it, it is above the cup holders that pull out from the bottom.

not sure about other warranties other than what is available from land rover.

good luck-
thanks, I had actually missed the aux port because of the flip up cover and I was looking in the dark so I do have one and I have the 6 disc cd player with the 9 speaker stereo.

Old 06-30-2009, 08:44 PM
Winching

Make for sure Your cd player works and ejects ect.

Old 07-03-2009, 05:15 PM
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by drzjoint
Make for sure Your cd player works and ejects ect.
thanks for the tip, it does work. Is that something that normally breaks?

On another note I have a rattle coming from either the back of my center console or under the back seat that I need to find, it is driving me nuts but I cant hear it when I have my music turned up.

Old 07-04-2009, 07:05 AM
Winching

I just went thru my 2nd one

Old 07-06-2009, 09:20 AM
Mudding

I used the cable to connect my IPOD, but of course, the sound is not as robust. Lately, I got an ITRIP that plays through the radio on an empty station. Really works well, and the power cable that charges the ITRIP also charges the IPOD. Can't remember the name of the make of the ITRIP, but so far I like...